Chapter 6

Asher casually walks towards an ending wall as his slippers (geta) made a clacking sound echoing throughout the bamboo forest. What others considered a dead end, was a passageway for Asher to his home. With the last bit of clack from his slippers, he vanishes as if no one was there in the first place.

Inhaling the fresh air, Asher smiled at the thought that he was finally home, after 6 months of having to deal with humans shipping him from place to place was tiring, and considering the fact that he was on a leash (magic suppressor) was devastating.

"Hummu! Nothing beats the air of your own birthplace"

Farkas, a kingdom in between the human world and demon world, is a place originally for the fox and the wolf tribe, but was now the passageway between the human realm and demon realm, a place for any kind of races to mingle and also for merchants looking for customers.

"I'm legit telling you that this is real"

"I want a refund! This is fraud!"

"Ah, if your looking for the original, then I recommend being on a private room"

"The necklace broke as soon as I wore it! And you're telling me it's my fault?!"

"Yep, it's still the same as ever"

Asher thought as he walks pass the crowds, noticing the sudden change, he paused for a moment but continued on walking, "The illusion wore off, somehow, I managed to stay looking like that for 6 months, yay for me" He sarcastically thought.

His ashen hair, now turned to silver white, and his emerald eyes now sparkling crimson eyes, but as soon as he got back to his original appearance, a sudden wave of drowsiness and fatigue enveloped his entire body. His consciousness fading, but his fighting it off since he hasn't reached his home yet, and not to mention, he's in the middle of the street.

"I can't keep this up, I'm tired but-"

Without finishing his sentence, his body collapse but thankfully, someone caught him before his body could collapse on the ground.

"About time you give yourself a rest, or I would've force you to sleep, little brother"

...

...

"Put your hands higher, ah, please continue"

"Ahem, as I was saying, our first king conquered the eastern border through his will - - - "

Currently, the children of the Stephenville family are having their history lessons, while approved of participating in the lesson, Nathaniel and Alexis are still receiving punishment by having their arms forward, straightened and carrying thick books while participating in the lesson.

"Arrrggghh, I can't take this anymore, I should've accepted that old hags offer"

"Considering how I went through torture and abuse, this should've been nothing and yet, I . Can't . Endure . It . Any . Longer !"

"Pfft"

Lincoln, Payne, Deborah, and Iris, couldn't help the urge to laugh since both of them are making weird faces and not to mention, Alexis farted trying his best not to drop a single book since it would add another hour to his punishment.

"Alright, that's it for today, I've already given you assignments to work on so have a pleasant aafternoon"

Their tutor bowed and exited the room, she ended the lecture early probably taking pity on both boys.

"Since your class ended, your free now"

The Lady stood up from her sit with the sleeping Catherine in her arms and left, and that's when both Nate and Alec dropped the book at the same time as they huffed out for air, and collapsing on the floor.

"Puwahaha, that was so hilarious! You should've seen both of your faces!"

Payne laughed at the top of his lungs followed by the other three, Nate and Alec glared since they're still laying down breathing in and out.

"That's enough Payne, you, yourself shouldn't laugh since you've experienced it multiple times"

Iris argued, the eldest in the room, 13 years of age, "Anyway, what Nate did is admirable but stupid at the same time, don't ever do something like that again, your still eight"

'9 physically but my mental age is sixt- nvm that, I'm still a child, yes"

Nate just laughed it off, out of everyone, she was most probably the one who felt responsible for what happened, since being the eldest present made her responsible of taking care of the young ones.

"Come on everyone, let's leave and let them have their rest, Trisha will bring you both your meals"

And with that, they're now both alone. Silence surrounding both of them, not one is willing to talk with one another, since it would mean admitting defeat, forgetting how this brawl even started in the first place.

"Now that I think about it, what do you think of that Asher?"

"I won"

Nate dryly said staring at the ceiling still laid down.

"Gaaahh! You-! That's not the point here moron ... Haaaahhh~ whatever, just answer the question, dammit"

"Well, I have to admit he's definitely attractive ... and I hate it"

"Wha-? You know what, nevermind"

'As long as he stays away from Nate, but seriously, kissing the back of a persons hand and secretly handing them their possession is declaring your love or interest to that said person'

'Or did I misunderstand? Yeah, That's probably it'

Alexis thought, contrasting whether to believe the other thought or the other one. Drunk in his own thoughts, he hadn't notice the person who came in, Trisha, the said maid who'd bring their meal.

"Oh cool, exactly what I'm craving for"

"Then please enjoy"

She left the room before giving her respect. "Hey Bro, do you want strawberry or the blue berry?" Seeing his brother still busy thinking over things, he just helped himself and ate whatever just leaving a tiny portion of meal.

'Ah, I wonder how that old hag is doing by now, she must've been furious since all her merchandise got away'

Nate thought, before leaving his brother behind.

...

...

...

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!"

Huge water waves sprung around the boat like the whirl wind, the woman's staff glowed impacting her surroundings.

"Marcelle, that's enough, you'll sink the both of us"

"Shut up, Roane,my business has fluctuated the moment I met those boys! Argghh! And what's up with that man?! He should've killed me along with my crew! Dammit all!"

Four days after the escape of the supposedly slaves, Marcelle's ship encountered a nine-tailed fox claiming that they have made a grave mistake.

"You puny humans, who had dared to harm one of my precious brother, committed a grave sin, thus, I shall invoke to you my anger"

After saying that and disappearing like he was never there, a huge blue flames surrounded the whole ship as it brutally set ablaze her ship and whole crew to masses. Surprisingly so, she was the only one who survived, the man told her that it was not up to him to judge whether she lives or not, and with that, he disappeared from her sight for good.

Thinking back again, she couldn't help herself from cursing once again.

Dammit!

_____----_____-----_____