Chapter 8

Nate's neon blue hair shined as the moon peeps from the sky, he noticed a presence from beside him yet he felt safe, rather, he was comfortable. Feeling a hand pass through his cheeks and through his hair made him crave for more. He heard a slight giggle and slowly opened his eyes in curiosity.

"Asher"

He mumbled but he still heard it, Nate slowly got himself to sit, but it took a ton of energy just to let his body listen to what he wants.

"Don't push yourself too much, this may be a dream but your mana is currently reacting to my own"

'Was he trying to connect both our consciousness? That's amazing to be exact'

He still tried to get himself up but failed in return, so he just laid there in the hands of the soft pillows. Asher giggled as he let his hands comb the hair that's blocking Nate's sight. Seeing how comfortable Nate is in the pillows, he joined in as well, connecting both their foreheads and cupping his cheeks and stroking using his thumb.

"That slightly tickles"

Nate commented, feeling himself drowning in his touch. Now that Asher's up close, he noticed a change in his appearance, or maybe he confused himself since it has been awhile. But he was still beautiful, his silver white hair and shining red eyes are beautiful. As much as he hated the fact that he's dashing, he still couldn't help himself from admiring him.

"My time's coming up, I wish I could stay with you for a little longer, but I'm also at my limit"

"You say that but casting this kind of spell is still difficult even for me"

He voiced out, feeling his eyes closing at the tiredness.

"I promise I'll come see you again. For the mean time, please wait for me"

Asher slowly lifted his head as he kissed the tip of Nate's forehead before slowly disappearing.

...

...

...

"You idiot! I told you to get home by the time the sun sets, not after the sun set!"

Nate slowly sat himself up, as he rubs his eyes slightly half-asleep. By far, the other person who has made pass the secret passageway to his secret garden was his older brother ... and his grandfather.

"I lost track of time ... again"

Alexis let out a tired sigh informing him that it's already dinner time as to which Nate nodded in response. Alexis noticed a ruby red necklace hanging from his brothers neck, he knew that he doesn't own anything like that.

"Where'd you get that?"

"Ah these? Asher handed it to me before disappearing"

"Was that what he - uggghhh! Gimme that!"

"What?! Hell no-"

As soon as he tried grabbing it, a sudden gush of wind came out of the necklace pushing Alexis away but not harming him in any way.

"Whoa! What was that?"

"Did that guy seriously casted a spell that prevented ME from - You know what, I give up, I don't care, I won't care anymore, as long as that jerk takes gooooddd care of your troublesome ass, then I'm fine with it"

"What are you on about? Did the swordsmanship lessons made you stupid or something?"

"Shut up, let's get moving, else mother would probably think we got kidnapped again or something"