Chapter 17

Three years ago, Farkas kingdom's king, Hannibal Davidson El Lynx has received a letter from the Carcas Empire accusing their people to have harmed one of his (human empire's) trusted merchant personally recruited by the prestigious prime minister. To which this claim has been confirmed true by Jaden Cale El Lynx, the next in line of the throne. To which, (again) he never explained why he did so but told them they deserved it.

This repulsive act from his son, the successor of the throne at that, has thrown him into anger. Hannibal has stripped Jaden Cale from his title and banished him from the kingdom, which in return, made Asher the replacement. But of course, Asher refused and almost exterminated the empire who has accused them of crime. Almost.

"Listen to me Asher, you don't have to worry about me, what I need you to do is accept father's proposal. That way, we won't have to die. And considering the fact that mother is not here, we'll have to cooperate"

"Brother, Father will understand if I just explain to him what had really happened from when I was at the human world, that way father will--"

"Do you think that's the best plan? If he were to know what happened, he'd personally go marching with an entire army towards that human empire and exterminate them from existence"

" ... I ... can see that happening"

Little Asher made a apathetic look earning a light chuckle from his brother. This way, fewer casualties would be avoided and a possible great war will also be avoided. Jaden Cale then gave Asher a pendant made out of a very rare jewel that indicates one of the royal bloodline of the proud nine-tailed clan.

"Promise me you'll take over my position. I can't entrust the seat to our other siblings ... since, you know ..."

"I get it brother, I'm aware"

"Good, now tell me you really promise"

" ... I ... promise"

Those were the last words he said before entirely leaving the home he grew up in and his precious sibling. But after a week of his banishment, Jaden Cale received news of Asher escaping from his probation heading his way to the human world.

"Why has every one of my children who has the potential to be my heir always cause me trouble"

Hannibal, Farkas's king sighed internally as he received report of Asher's escape. Finally heeding the verdict, he left the conference room as he went off to disguise himself as one of the assigned soldiers to capture Asher.

"Heed my words! You are to bring back the successor alive! And with no further means, you are not to harm any humans in the pursuit, or you'll have to die in return!"

The chase went on for about a month in the human world. Their last track was in the human Academy from a kingdom called Phantasmea, a so-called school to which human children were to learn and socialize.

This was the time where in Asher was nearly apprehended but fought until he's nearly drop dead. Not until, Nate, who was taking a stroll from that time hadn't helped him.

A spear-like lightning has killed off the man who had tried to shackle Asher, killing him in an instance. For a human child to have killed a demon is impossible, in one-strike at that. Hannibal who had seen it personally had also gave him a shock. He signaled them to slowly retreat and observe first before they act up again.

"Asher?! The hell is up with those guys?! You okay? So much so for our second meeting"

Asher gave out a soft chuckle, while he leaned in at Nate for support to stand up.