Chapter 2

Nathaniel's POV

For now, everything should still be in control, grandfather is still in position of the Marquis of the Stephenville Family, Uncle Bruce, the least candidate for the position is surely excluded in the competition, and the fact that he dislike getting on his siblings nerves make it hundred percent he'll back out.

Aunt Rosalie is a very passionate and competitive woman who dislikes my father for being the scumbag that he is, so surely, she'll kick us out if she gets the position.

And finally, my father, who is as good as grandfather but has a lot of connections with the black market, which the family doesn't know, makes him even more dangerous to take the position.

"Gaaaaaahhhhh! Why should I care about this anyway!?"

Ah...

Cause if i don't, I'll end up dead, heck, even the Stephenville family would be wiped out the entire records just like what it happened.

"Aaaahhhhh, I just came back and now I have to deal with everything. This sucks"

Frustrated, I laid down the grassy area of the field and closed my eyes to get some nap.

*

*

*

"....aster!"

"Yo...ng...aster!"

"Young master!"

I was woken up by the loud shouting coming from afar, I sat up and yawned still feeling drowsy. I looked around my surroundings and was surprise at how dark it was outside, but not too dark since the moon was out tonight.

"Did I..? Slept for more than an hour?"

I mumbled to myself and heard more shout from every direction. That' when I decided to get up and show myself since I know that the longer I hide, the bigger the problem would be.

Heck, they'd probably think I was kidnapped or something.

"What's with the fuss?"

I asked still drowsy and my maid rushed over to me checking if i had any injury or whatnot. I assured her that i was fine and was just sleeping in the garden the whole afternoon.

"Thank goodness your alright, at least your safe. Young master Alexis... he..."

She paused for a minute huffing for air as her gripped around my shoulders tighten.

Brother Lex...

...Shit.

"Where's my brother."

I demanded with my cold voice which made the knights gulped.

This can't be happening, the day my brother would be kidnapped is still next week, did I make a mistake? No, my actions were the same as before. I- I don't know what would happen if things go the same as before... no... I can't afford to lose anyone again.

"Young master! Please calm down"

I felt a sting on my cheeks and saw my maids desperate look as her hands bleed and her uniform a bit torn. I just accidentally let out a huge mana resulting in destruction around my surroundings. I had completely forgotten. My magic is far more stronger ever since I came back, probably since being tortured to death resulted in something terrifying for a child to bear, so I deliberately hid my magic as to avoid suspicions.

"A- I'm sorry."

I apologized and she looked at me warmly before passing out, I ordered the knights to carry her to the maids quarter and call for the doctor.

While the knights were distracted helping my maid, I quietly slipped out from the area and left the estate.

***

I know where they took my brother, I'm the only one who can save him and I can't afford losing him again.

_____----_______----_______