Chapter 9

Nate sat at his bedside window, deeply thinking of what was the sole reason on why or how his father became so invested in the underground market, instead of supporting who would be the one to take over the thrown. No matter how hard he thinks, he just couldn't get ahold of his memories from his second life during his childhood days. The only recollection he got was, the kidnapping of his brother and his death, and the fact that his father was already connected to the black market, that was all.

"Young master, I've brought you afternoon tea"

He turned his gaze towards the voice, he didn't even hear him walk in, or a knock even, or he was just too pre-occupied by his thoughts so he didn't hear.

"You look way more healthy the last time I saw you"

"It's thanks to your kindness young master"

The boy standing in front of him was the boy he offered his hand to, by which he rejected but also made a contribution to their escape. He was given the name Jim personally named by Ellaina, the mother of the children he 'saved'. Now, he was assigned to be Nate's personal butler per his request, but Jim's still under training.

"What about your sisters?"

"They're doing fine, and thanks to the other maids, they're doing pretty well"

"I see ... anyways, I'd like to see how you'll do well in tomorrow's training, sadly I won't be here to see that"

"Pardon? I have ... finished my training ..."

Jim's look of confusion entertained him, the training he did was just the basics of serving the master ... but after 3 days of performing well serving their master, comes the hell of a training no one would expect a mere butler would learn.

"Well, good luck on your training, you can go now, take a rest for the entire day"

Jim was still puzzled at the sudden day off, but he complied catching up on the little bits of hints. 'Oh to be a smart-ass' Nate thought, fiddling at the necklace he got from Asher. Talk about the devil, he wondered how he was doing, he remembered dreaming about him and saying stuff like waiting for him, though all of it was a blurry to him.

...

...

...

"Clay, isn't it about time you pass down the work to your heir? You only have at least six years until you break apart"

Freya, the elder's older sister scolded at her hard-working little brother who has his focus still glued at the pile of paperworks forming a mountain on his desk. His sisters words earned his attention so he placed down the pen as he leaned on his chair massaging his forehead.

"I was thinking the same so I requested you to visit. I was hoping you'd take my position since your suppose to be the one dealing with all this"

Clayward explained earning a guilt expression from his sister. She opened her mouth in attempt to say something but she couldn't find the exact words to say. Seeing that Freya wouldn't talk, he knew that she was feeling bad, but not to the point that she would gladly take over. Instead, he sighed standing up from his seat and joined her sister and her wife on the couch.

"Anyways, what about the thing I requested you? Did you found something?"

"U-uhm" He looked at Zeniya who was caught off guard, flustered, she looked at Freya for help earning a sigh from her.

"I'll be the one talking, since Zen isn't normally comfortable with humans"

[Clayward seems to be offended lol]

"All of them seems to have a lot of secrets, but the one stuck to me was the kid, the one named, Nara? Nora? Nata? Err, Zen, what's up with your jumbled naming?"

"Sorry I wasn't properly listening when he introduced himself"

"Do you mean Nathaniel?"

"Ah yes! Him!"

Freya enthusically said while Zeniya nodded intensely agreeing. But it made her brother confused on why that little kid stood out to them. Lately, the kid has been acting ... matured. He doesn't know how to put it in words, he seemed to control how he acts, speak, and behave, like he's restraining something. Especially a month and a half ago, he had that child openly cried on his lap for hours and tired himself to sleep, but after that, he became rather ... calculating? And his eyes had this desperate look on him like something bad would happen if he isn't careful enough.

"Clay?"

Coming back from his thoughts, he nodded signaling them to continue the conversation.

"As I was saying, Nathaniel had been the only person whom Zen cannot read, no matter how much she tried, even to the extent of forcefully hugging him, she still couldn't read him, like there was a stronger force that's keeping her from it"

"What ... do you mean?"

Freya looked at Zeniya also asking the same question, but no matter how much she thinks about, she just couldn't explain it to the point her brain just gave up.

"Anyways, thank you for your time, I'll think about whether I'm ready to pass my position to someone"

"You seriously need to think about it Clay"

He just nodded in response and practically just kicked them out his office.

...

...

...

Half a month ago, 2 weeks after the kidnapping incident, Asher has finally made home to Farkas but to no avail, he still hasn't regained consciousness since then. He was bedridden the entire whole month, still, his mind was aware of his surroundings.

"Father, you've come"

"Klassen, has he still not woken up at least once?"

"No father"

"I should've really gotten the scroll back and searched for that troublemaker myself"

"From mother?"

"No, you idiot, do you want me dead? Ah, wait, you do, but that's not the point here, why did not one of you, his siblings ever bother to find him?"

The so-called Klassen paused for a moment thinking what was the reason, as to which he answered, "He told us to never come find him until he says so"

'What kinda dumb thinking is that? Is the brat for real?'

Without further much to say, the father only sighed and was still thankful that one of his troublesome son returned, in one piece, though he was covered in bruises but that's not the point here.

"Anyways, report to me if that idiot wakes up"

"Okay"

Asher, who was well aware of their conversation, he cursed at his old man for calling him an idiot and a troublemaker. Well yes, he is, but that doesn't give him validation to say that in front of his face.

"Just wake up, you stupid brother"

Klassen thought as he wraps another blanket on his brother.

______---______---_______

A/n:

Update on my driving lessons, even though no one asked, I failed yes I did. Don't wanna go in details but i'm upset, but glad that's over with.

Anyways, i kinda wrote this out of rage lol.