\\ First Ray \\

New year. A holiday you didn't like, never have you ever celebrated a new year with your entire family, because the zodiac members were always summoned to a banquet by Akito, a banquet they didn't enjoy, a banquet they didn't want to attend.

The only reason you didn't entirely hate this celebration was because it held a special place in your heart, it was the day you met, Yuki Sohma, your first and only love.

Tonight was the day the banquet was taking place, and Yuki would most likely going to be here today. Even though he was coming to the estate for the banquet, you were excited to see him again, considering how you were only texting him ever since the cultural festival. Your goal was to at least catch some alone time with him.

Which explained why you were wandering around the entrance of the estate, acting like you were there for no reason, but in reality, you kept your eyes out for a certain someone.

"Oh! (Name)-chan, hello! I haven't seen you in a while." Shigure Sohma greeted you, entering the estate, your eyes flickered to search behind him, yet no one was there, no Yuki. Shigure's amused expression only deepening.

Shigure Sohma was a cunning man, possesing the zodiac spirit of the dog, he often manipulated things so that they would go his way and hid them behind a care-free silly act. After getting in a fight with the head, Akito Sohma, he was banished from the estate which led to him having a house out of the estate, eventually Yuki moved in too, along with Kyo and now Tohru.

"Hello, Gure-chan! It's nice to see you again, how are you?" Trying to ignore the sinking feeling in your chest, you offered him a bright smile.

"I'm fine~ are you looking for Yuki? Unfortunately, he isn't attending the banquet this year, he and Kyo ran back home, worried about leaving Tohru-kun all alone! I'll see you later, (Name)-chan!" He told you, his eyes holding an intense amount of mischeif, as he walked past you.

"Eh~? Really? Thanks for telling me." You offered him one last smile, as you walked the other direction, despite how much you stopped yourself from envying the innocent Tohru, a familiar feeling of jealousy spread through your chest. I wish Yuki was here, for me. Not for the banquet or Akito, but for me.

Walking towards the entrance of the estate, you leaned your back against the wall behind you, closing your eyes. But it wasn't long before your eyes shot open, as a slender long hand grabbed your wrist pulling you out of the estate, your back softly collided with another wall, a hand cushioning the impact for your head.

And infront of you stood, the Prince charming you were desperately waiting for, he had a small cheeky smile, on his lips as he put his finger on top his lips, shushing you. Light red blush dusted your cheeks, as you the saw the Yuki Sohma, you desperately wished for.

"Ki-chan! What are you doing here? I heard you went back home to, Honda-san?" You whispered-yelled, staring into his beautiful grey-ish blue eyes. His smile never disappeared as he watched you.

"I'm here for you. I wanted to see the first ray of light with you. I wanted to you to be the first person I see this year, and I wanted to be the first person you see for the new year. Besides I sent that stupid cat home, so Honda-san is fine, let's get away from here." He took a few steps back and offered you his hand, you had the choice to either agree, and run away from the banquet with him or you could reject him, and obviously you chose the first option, placing your hand on top of his.

"Then let's go!" And so the two of you ran away from the estate, leaving all your problems and worries behind, as a certain dog spirit curiously watched the two of you disappear around the corner.

☁️☁️☁️

Yuki's coat wrapped around both his and your shoulders. The two of you had nowhere to go, which led to you both stopping at a nearby beach. Nibbling on the rice balls Yuki bought. Your head rested on his shoulder, as the two of you stared towards the ocean, it was only a few more minutes until the first ray of sunlight would appear, indicating the beginning of a new year.

"Ki-chan, do you remember when we first met?" You curiosly asked, a smile playing on his lips. That memory was one of his favorites, that memory was the one that got him through so many hardships.

"Yes, I do. It was on this exact day, 9 years ago." He chuckled to himself, replaying the events of the eventful day.

"Me too. It's a precious memory, one we'll both remember forever." Taking a deep breath, you stood up, walking towards the ocean, your hands behind your back, turning around your offered Yuki a bright smile.

"Come on, Ki-chan! It's the first ray of the sun! Happy New Year!" That smile was the one that reminded him over and over again that he's not alone, he never was, and he never will be. Yuki got up following in your footsteps.

"Happy New Year (Name). Do you have a wish?" He stopped beside you, his hand making it's way to your head, as it rested on top of your head.

"Yeah I do! Do you?" Your eyes never left the sun before you that rised higher and higher into the sky. It was beautiful. But Yuki's eyes never left you. You were so much more beautiful.

"I do." That day, both Yuki Sohma and (Name) Sohma wished for the same thing. I wish that I can see the first ray of sunlight every new year, with you by myside.

☁️☁️☁️