\\ Watermelon \\

Tohru had claimed she was going to go to bed earlier. So whilst, everyone else was watching an anime together, you decided to go talk with Tohru. You found her out in the balcony, watching the stars, she seemed deep in thought.

"Tohru-chan?" You called out to her, letting her know you were coming onto the balcony too. She gave you a bright smile, but her eyes seemed slightly red.

"I know we aren't close or anything, but hear me out for a second." You said, starting to get a little nervous and fidgety. You weren't the best at consoling people in person. "Hiro is a hot head, he doesn't think before he speaks and whatever he says, he doesn't mean it in a bad way." You say, avoiding her eyes.

"Anyway, what i'm trying to say is. Please ignore what Hiro had said earlier. I, for one, absolutely love hearing about your mom." You tell her, as her eyes light up at the mention of her mother. "Really?" She asks, her eyes almost twinkling.

You softly laugh before nodding your head. "She sounds like a great person, a very wise and kindhearted person. And the things you say are obviously influenced by her, and have gotten me through so many things." You tell her, as she smiles fondly at the memory of her mother. "Thank you, (Name)-chan. I think I needed to hear that."

☁️☁️☁️

"Watermelons!" You say, playfully throwing your hands up in the air. Kyo, Haru and Yuki had gone to get some watermelons as you and Tohru watched the younger children play on the beach. You walk up to Haru, who was carrying two watermelons and offer to take one up to the house.

However Haru ignored you and instead simply walked past you, refusing to let you carry any. You pout and turn to Yuki, who was also holding two watermelons. "Ki-chan, lemme help you." You say, pointing to a watermelon. He laughs at your pout, and walks past you. "Wha-! Hey! Don't ignore me, you guys!"

☁️☁️☁️

"We're gonna see who can break the watermelons first!" Tohru said, her excitement practically radiating off of her as she clumsily held a baseball bat in her hand. You grab the other baseball bat, and swing it around almost hitting Kyo. "Can we really trust them with the bats in their hands?" Hiro asks, seeming slightly concerned for his own life.

"Who wants to go first!" Momiji asked, bouncing excitedly around you. Before you or Tohru could volunteer, Haru had stepped up. "Me." He bluntly said, picking the watermelon of his choice. "Here, take this ba-!" You were cut off guard, when Haru sliced the watermelon in half. With his bare hand.

The rest of your group stares in shock as Haru begins munching on his watermelon piece. "I swear i'm not related to him." You say after watching him attempt to spit a watermelon seed out. "I sympathize with you." Hiro adds.

"Oh? Is that how you do it? My turn! I'll try my best!" Tohru says, putting down the bat and mimicking the stance Haru had done before spitting the watermelon. "Wait! No, don't do
it with your bare hands!" You yell, in attempt to stop her.

The attempt was futile. Both your attempt to stop her, and her attempt to slice the watermelon. "How about we stick to hitting it with the bat." Yuki says, handing you a bat, he was afraid you'd go ahead and try to slice it in half with your hands too. You grabbed the bat ready and prepared your stance.

And with full force you swung the bat and hit the watermelon. However it didn't budge. Not even a crack had appeared. The watermelon stayed exactly the same. Momiji sympathized with you, and patted your back. "There, there. Maybe next time."

☁️☁️☁️

After all the watermelon smashing, which you had eventually smashed, the group split up to start cleaning up. Well, it was mostly the guys cleaning while the younglings fell asleep due to exhaustion. Tohru placed a thin blanket over them while you grabbed them some pillows.

"They're exhausted, huh?" You say, brushing some of Kisa's hair away from her sleeping face. "They did run around all over the place to hunt for Cicada bugs!" Tohru says, tucking the younglings in. You smile and watch her, she kind of reminded you of your mother. Yuki entered the house, greeting the two of you.

He walked over to you, and gently placed his hand on your head. You looked up at him and smiled. "Let's go to the beach for a bit?" He asked, as you nodded your head. Tohru watched with a knowing smile. To her, the two of you seemed like a couple. "I'll see you guys later then!" Tohru said, quickly pushing the both of you out of the house.

Yuki's hand reached out to yours, as he gently held it and lead the way to the beach. The sun seemed as if it were about to disappear for the night. And the orange sky was reflected in the ocean which could be seen from a distance.

You take the lead, and practically start running to the beach. You feel the breeze flow past you, and push your hair back. You look back and see Yuki smiling at you. To him, you looked so mesmerizing. As the sunset behind you shone, and your skin glowed the same color as the sun. Your eyes were twinkling and fixated on him. And your smile was ethereal.

He couldn't help but laugh. He felt so free at the moment, so happy. His fingers interlaced with yours as the both of you ran down the hill to the beach. This was his medicine. The part that healed him from everything. The endless giggles and laughs, the endless eye contact. The endless warmth that seeped from your touch. The endless love. 

☁️☁️☁️