\\ Reckless \\

"Tori-chan~! Tori-chan~!" You had invited yourself inside, excited to update Hatori on what had happened between you and Yuki recently. But when you opened the door to Hatori's office, it wasn't Hatori who greeted you, instead it was Kureno Sohma.

Kureno Sohma, another zodiac member. The year of the rooster. He was around the age of Hatori and Shigure. But didn't have many interactions with the other members, because of Akito. But from what you had seen, Kureno often displayed a lonely smile, and his eyes seemed like they were longing for something.

"Ah! Kureno-chan? What are you doing here? Are you hurt somewhere?" You asked him, curiously, but he didn't reply instead his eyes quickly held fear. "(Name)-chan.. you shouldn't be here. I think it's better, if you come back later." He got up, rushing you out, before a certain head could see you.. but it was too late.

"(Name).. what a coincidence." A cold voice, spoke from behind, sending chills down your spine. Upon turning around, you gaze met an icy cold one. The smile on his lips, almost looking proud. "..Akito-san."

From behind Akito, Hatori appeared with a tray of tea in his hands. Only, the second he saw the scene infront of him play out, his expression quickly mimicked Kureno's.

You didn't realize that you had held your breath, when Akito took a few steps closer, it was almost as if you could feel the cold air, radiating of him. His fingers reached out towards you, playing with a strand that rested by your cheek. "Yuki.. often does this to you, right?" He murmured, and at the thought of Yuki playing with your hair strand popped into your mind. Ki-chan.. even in this moment all I can think about is you. I'm hopeless.

Kureno stepped closer towards the two of you, afraid something could happen to you. As did Hatori. The two were incredibly concerned, at what could happen any moment. "Haven't I told you to keep your nose, out of our business." The man whispered into your ear, his icy breath fanning your neck.

And for a split second, you considered keeping quiet, just nodding, and being obedient. But that wasn't you. That was someone else. The least Akito could do was scratch you, anything else and all the zodiacs would go crazy, he knew that. "Akito-san. If I didn't keep my nose in 'our' buisness, where else would I keep it?" You asked, offering the man a huge smile.

"You don't learn." Akito's sharp nails, dug into your cheek. Blood oozed out, and your heartbeat began beating in fear. But if you cowered now, everything you have protected and still want to protect would crumble, which is why you continued to make eye-contact with the head, despite the pain that stung your cheek. "I really don't."

☁️☁️☁️

"Tori-chan! Ouch! That hurt!" You whined, flinching every time, Hatori rubbed alcohol on your wound. Hatori hadn't said a word to you since Akito had left. You assumed it was because he was mad at you. But the truth was, he was disappointed in himself, for not being able to protect you. You were all he had left. And he was determined to protect you, as a brother.

After he placed the huge bandaid on your cheek, Hatori gently rested his hand on your head. "Idiot. Don't go recklessly putting yourself in danger." He scolded, looking into your large eyes, that held so much courage. You would never show him fear, the only person you allowed yourself to show that was Yuki.

"If there isn't anyone to protect you from Akito, other than yourselves, shouldn't I take up that job?" You replied, offering him a smile. But before he could reply, Hatori's phone rang.

☁️☁️☁️

You walked up the stairs, that lead to Shigure's house along side Hatori, who had gotten a call from Haru explaining how Ayame was currently residing in their house all while annoying Yuki and Kyo off. And so here you were going to rescue Princess Yuki.

"Does it still hurt?" Hatori asked, referring to the wound you had gotten after the events with Akito. You only offered him a smile. "How could it? The amazing Tori-chan was the one who bandaged me." Was your simple reply, earning a chuckle from the man beside you.

Surprisingly, the door to Shigure's house was open, so you let yourselves in. You followed Hatori towards the room where Kyo angrily yelled at Shigure to do something about Ayame.

"The door was open, so we let ourselves in." Hatori said, catching everyone's attention. The silence carried on for a few more seconds, until Ayame got up, ready to fling himself at you after saying "Wah! My beloved little sister-in-law! Oh how I have missed you!"

Ayame Sohma. Another member of the Zodiac Curse. The year of the snake. He's also Yuki's one and only older brother. Like Kureno he's also the same age as Hatori and Shigure. After a few mistakes, during his past, Ayame is currently working on the goal, to get closer to his brother, Yuki. He's a confident, carefree, happy-go-lucky man, who does what he wants, when he wants.

Your eyes met Yuki's and you offered him a smile. But instead of showing you his warm smile or loving eyes, his gaze was set on the bandaid that was on your cheek. Letting go of the Ayame, who was stopped when he was about to fling himself at you, Yuki walked towards you, with an expression you knew all too well.

Without saying a word, he gently grabbed your wrist, leading you away from everyone else. He stopped when he was confident everyone was away.  "What did Akito, do to you?" He asked, pulling your body closer. "Wait Ki-chan, any closer and you'll.." His body touched yours, his hands wrapped around your waist for a split second, before a poof of smoke appeared, and Yuki was no longer human.

"..transform." Instead the male was a rat. You crouched down, after collected all of his clothes that scattered around. "Ki-chan.." You picked him, holding him gently in your hands. You offered him a smile before saying "I'm sorry for being so reckless."

☁️☁️☁️