xxxiv. jay halstead.💫

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" Jay asked you, and you rolled over in agony. "Yeah, I think it's just a stomach bug," you responded, a trash can near your face in case you needed to throw up yet again. Jay pulled you into his strong arms, you both cuddling in bed while watching a movie. Before you knew it, you jumped up from the bed to throw up in the trashcan beside you. "Darlin', you have to go to the doctor, okay? Even if they tell you what you already know," he told you gently, rubbing your back with care. You could only nod, the feeling of nausea so overwhelming you couldn't speak.

The next day, while Jay was at work, you went to a walk-in clinic near your house, explaining your symptoms to the physician. They ordered a ton of bloodwork, and even a pregnancy test. Moments later, the physician came back with your results. They informed you that you pregnancy test came back positive, you were indeed going to be a first time mother. You were surprised; you and Jay had been trying for a little over a year now. You'd had a miscarriage early in your first pregnancy, so you were excited and scared this time.

You thanked the doctor, them giving you pregnancy-safe prescription for nausea and telling you to follow up with your primary care doctor for your appointments before you left. You immediately went home, and that night when Jay got back, you couldn't help but cry. "Babe, are you okay?" you relaxed slightly at his terms of endearment that he called you constantly. His calming tone soothed you slightly while you nodded. "Yeah, Jay. I'm fine.."

-

The next day, while Jay was at work, you went to a baby store near your house. You bought a cute police onesie and put it in a box along with the positive pregnancy test and wrapped it in a green bow. You drove to the district, and greeted Trudy Platt at the front desk and made your way to Jay's desk upstairs. "Babe? What are you doing here?" Jay raised an eyebrow when he saw you, but kissed your forehead lightly as you smiled. Everyone spoke to you, and you sat the box on Jay's desk. He gave you a quizzical look before he opened it.

Everyone stood around, watching his face light up when he took the top off. "Babe, are you serious?" his eyes wide. He jumped up, hugging you, spinning you in circles. You could only nod, the spinning making you slightly too nauseous to speak. "I'm gonna be a dad!!" he jumped up and down, everyone cheering and congratulating him. "God, I love you so much," he breathed, holding you close to him. "I love you too, baby. And you're gonna make a great dad."

+ hello all!! i am opening requests for my imagines!! i am very excited for this & hope you all are as well. to request an imagine, just fill out the form below:

name:

person you want the imagine for:

scenario:

please be generous in regards to time, being as i am in college/working. my imagines are only for those who are in the shows that are in the description. if you want to be anonymous, just send your imagine request through my inbox! if you have any questions, my message board, inbox, & comment section are open! much love!! -a.