ii. antonio dawson.💫 [2]

Ever since that day, Antonio wasn't the same. When he looked at you, it was like he looked through you. His touches weren't intimate and they were short. His kisses were only to your forehead, rarely your lips. You were sick of it.

Due to your car needed an oil change, Antonio was responsible for picking you up from work until next week. When he did, you took this as your opportunity to talk to him. He spoke before you could.

"I think we need a break," his words took you by surprise. "What?" you felt like the wind was knocked out of you. "I don't think I can be with you anymore. Not like this," his voice almost cracked as he whispered to you.

You shook your head, getting out of the car. "Y/N, wait a second!" you listened as Antonio called after you but you kept walking. "Y/N, are you okay?" You hadn't realized that you walked back inside until you were looking in the face of none other than Dr. Sarah Reese.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Where's Maggie?" Reese pointed her out and you immediately went over to her. "Y/N, what's-" "Antonio broke up with me," you cried, and she pulled you to an empty room not to cause a scene.

She didn't say anything, she only sighed. "He talked to me and I told him not to do this.." she whispered, rubbing your arm. "You can stay at my place tonight, okay? I get off in an hour, so you can just wait around here," she told you, and you agreed.

Hours passed as you slept in the on call room, many people passing through taking notice of you sleeping on the couch. Maggie finally came in, 3 hours after her shift ended, to take you to her place.

The entire ride consisted of you crying out your eyes to her and when you finally got to her house, you plugged up your dead phone. It immediately began to vibrate, the ringtone going off, too.

You had 24 missed calls and 31 text messages from Antonio. Before you could ignore him, Maggie told you "at least let him know where you are and that you're okay. He's willing to give you space, but he has to know you're safe first," you nodded, knowing she was right..