x. jay halstead.💫 [1]

You were laying in bed with your boyfriend, Oliver. Both of you were in your apartment in Chicago, and after a night of love making, you cuddled with each other, just enjoying one another's company. There was a knock at the door, which you decided to ignore.

The knocking stopped, but the door was kicked in. You and Oliver jolted straight up, covering your chest with the sheet. "Y/N, you're under arrest for the distribution of illegal narcotics, you have the right to remain... Jay?" Jay Halstead was covering himself with a sheet, lying beside you.

"Who's Jay? That's my boyfriend Oliver," you corrected them, but they knew more than you did. "No, this is Jay Halstead, police officer and detective for Chicago PD," someone told you, and you froze.

You met "Oliver" back about two months ago when he came into the bar that you work at. He asked you a few questions that you thought were weird, but other than that, you two clicked immediately. He worked a "job" down at a local restaurant as a waiter, from what he told you. But now everything seemed like a lie. He knew of your family's drug business, but you had no parts of it. You never wanted to get involved.

"Jay, what the hell?" Hank yelled angrily at him as he got dressed. "Serg, I was just trying to get an angle on the case," he told him. You were hurt.

Back at the district, you sat in the cold holding cell. You'd been proven of your innocence and waiting for someone to pick you up. "Hey.." you heard a voice and you ignored it. "Y/N, please-" "don't worry, 'Jay'. I'm just an angle on the case, right?" You repeated him from earlier. He shook his head. "I lied to save my ass-" "no Jay, you showed your ass. Everything about us was a lie," you rolled your eyes.

"No, some things were lies, but the way I feel about you is real," he told you, tears in his eyes. "Y/N, your ride is here," a voice entered the conversation. Upton unlocked the cell, and you pushed pass Jay. Upton escorted you to the door. "The Jay you thought you knew, isn't real," she whispered. You scoffed.

"I know the real Jay. I've seen him at his worst, I've held him while he had nightmares about his tours overseas. I know the real Jay. The one you know.. that's the fake.."

And with that, you left.