xiv. evan 'buck' buckley.💥

"Babe, who is it?" Evan asked as you'd answered the door, but hadn't returned in your comfortable spot next to him

"Babe, who is it?" Evan asked as you'd answered the door, but hadn't returned in your comfortable spot next to him. He stood up, and saw you standing there, talking with Athena. "Someone planted a mail bomb at Athena's house, babe. She was coming to make sure there was nothing here," you informed him, worry in your voice.

You and 'Buck' had only been together for about two years. He was a firefighter with LAFD and you met him out at a bar. Fast forward and here you two shared an apartment in LA fairly close to his work. He placed an arm around your shoulders, asking Athena for information on the bomber, but didn't get much. Later that night, you were tossing and turning all night, terrified of the bomber..

Early that morning, Buck went into work as usual, and you went in as well. You worked in dispatch alongside his sister Maddie. "Be safe, please," you told him the same every shift. You kissed him softly, which he smiled into. "I will. I love you," he spoke quietly, looking at you. He claimed that seeing your face would help him relax. "I love you, too," you pecked his lips once again.

You went about your day as usual, and near the end of your shift, you got a call. "911 dispatch, what is your emergency-" "the fire truck just blew up!" A woman yelled into the phone. "Ma'am, where are you?" You asked her calmly, although her words echoed. You pray Buck was okay. "It just-" she stopped talking and another voice took over. "Hey dispatch, this is Captain Nash with LAFD 118th. We have units on scene and one fireman down-" "Cap?" You asked. You'd met him before when you and Evan started dating.

"Y/N, don't worry-" "what fireman is down?" You asked, and he hesitated. "Cap!" You yelled, standing up. People around stared at you, including Maddie. "It's Buck-" you snatched your earpiece out, running out to your car. You drove to the site of the explosion, tears in your eyes now running down your cheeks. When you pulled onto the scene you hopped out the car. You saw people standing around, and injured firefighters. You found Captain Nash, and ran to him. "Where's Evan?" You yelled about to run by him, but he stopped you.

"Buck is over there but he's being held hostage by the bomber," he explained and you could've fainted. You stood and watched as police talked to the bomber, and one of them grabbed his hand so he grabbed the detonator. Once he was secure in handcuffs, a group of people ran to Evan who lay almost lifeless under the engine. His ankle was trapped under the heavy ladder as the truck overturned on his leg.

"Hang in there, Buckeroo," Chimney told him, placing a neck brace on him. "Y/N, we need you to talk to him," you ran around the other side of Chimney and knelt down so you were looking into Evan's eyes. "Hey Evan, baby, stay with me okay. They're gonna get you out," you talked to him, trying to keep him awake. His eyes were slowly starting to close, and you began to cry. "I love you so much, Evan. Just stay with me, okay?" You pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"We got his leg out, let's move," Captain Nash yelled as you moved out of their way to place him on a backboard. Once secure in the backs of the ambulance, Evan grabbed your hand. "I love you, Y/N," he mumbled. You held his hand and he squeezed it lightly. "I love you too, Buck," you stood to kiss his forehead again..

A/N: I decided to add 9-1-1, Nightwatch, & SWAT imagines to this book as well! Each cast will have their own emojis (check description)! Thanks!