iv. jay halstead.💫

"We better find those drugs before another body drops, understood?" The sergeant barked at Jay, almost making him jump back

"We better find those drugs before another body drops, understood?" The sergeant barked at Jay, almost making him jump back. He was under fire for having bad drugs killing civilians right under his nose. He was the lead detective on the case while Voight was under investigation for a shooting.

"I'll try my hardest—" "no one cares how hard you try, Detective Halstead. This isn't kindergarten, you don't get golden stars for effort. Get the job done." She walked out her office, leaving Jay to himself. His jaw was clenched from stress.

Another day of being on the hot seat had Jay exhausted and frustrated when he arrived home from work. "Hey babe, how was your day?" You asked him with a small smile but it quickly disappeared when you saw his face. He walked past you like you weren't even there. "Jay?" You asked, and he turned around slowly.

"How was work—" he cut you off with a stifled laugh. "Work? How was work?" He sat his bag down, taking a step closer to you. This made you stand in order to defend yourself. Not that Jay would ever hit you, you were his wife, but the situation was serious enough for you to stand.

"I have my ass on the fryer because people are dying from a drug that I can't seem to find who the hell is selling it. My team is getting grilled because we can't solve this fucking case!" His stress showed upon his brow, and you felt for him. "Babe, it's just the first day. You don't have enough evidence to find someone yet. You just have to keep—" "Cut the bullshit, Y/N. They don't care how hard I try. I can either get the job done or get the hell out." Your entire mood changed.

"Jay, you have no reason talking to me like that. I only want to help you and I hate seeing you like this. I-I'm sorry.." you apologized, feeling tears welling in your eyes. You were extremely sensitive to say the least. He took a deep breath, walking towards you.

"It's not your fault, baby girl. I'm just stressed, but it's not your fault at all." He hugged you, and you relaxed. He did, too. "I'm sorry for snapping like that, I just don't know what else to do.." he sighed, and you took his hand. "You'll find out, okay?" You smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Jay Halstead always finds a way."