viii. ethan choi.🌻

December 25th, 5:30 AM

You woke up to the sound of shuffling in you and Ethan's bedroom. He was getting ready to leave. "Where are you going?" you asked, sitting up. Ethan always left in the wee hours of the morning. Typically before the sun came up.

"Too many doctors called out for this morning shift-" "On Christmas?" you interupted. "Just for a few hours." he countered. "When will you be back?" you asked. "I'll be back in time. Don't worry," he answered. You rolled your eyes, laying back down.

"I'll see you later," he mumbled, kissing your forehead. You didn't say anything. "Y/N, please." he begged. He knew you hated his schedule, and him not being here on Christmas to spend with you and your 18 month old daughter, makes you hate it worse. "Bye Ethan," you finally said. He huffed and a few seconds later, you heard the door close..

11:45 AM

It was almost 12:00, and Ethan still hadn't gotten back yet. You waited for him to come home so your daughter could start opening her presents. She sat on the floor playing with her old toys when the front door opened.

You got up, heading for the kitchen. Ethan walked in a few seconds later. "Baby-" "Don't you baby me, Ethan. Your daughter has been waiting to see you," you said, making her lunch.

He looked at you before going upstairs. He sat his stuff down on the floor in the bedroom, changing his clothes, making his way back to the living room. You sat next to him on the couch as your daughter began opening one of her many presents..

Your daughter had opened all of her presents from you, Ethan, and family members who enjoyed spoiling her. She had enough toys to last her a lifetime, she was showered in clothes, and received an endless amount of baby dolls, socks, pampers, etc.

Your daughter sat on the floor, playing with a never ending flow of new toys. "Where are we going to put all of these?" Ethan joked, looking at you for a laugh, but his smile faded as he got nothing. You stood up, going upstairs. "Y/N, wait," he said stopping you. "What?!" you snapped back, instantly regretting it.

"Baby, what's wrong? Is this because of me always leaving early-" "No. I've just been stressed.." you revealed as he pulled you into his arms. "Well, we can relieve some of that stress tonight, but right now, let's try to be happy, okay?" he asked, in which you nodded, attempting to smile. "I love you so much," he said, kissing your lips. "I love you too, baby,"

You both went back downstairs, Ethan attempting to clean up the wrapping paper and plastic mess everywhere. He began putting away some of your daughter's toys when she to whine. "Dada!" she yelled. You and Ethan stopped instantly, staring at each other with wide eyes. "Her first word!" you cheered, jumping into his arms. "This is so great." Ethan smiled softly. You rested your head on his chest. "Yeah," you mumbled. "It is.."

Imagine for sleepcanwait ! 🙂