vii. jay halstead.💫

"Dad, you told the medics you had chest pain, so we gotta get you checked out," Jay told his stubborn father. "I want a full cardio scan, & monitor his breathing, he's still got minor smoke inhalation." Will spoke before leaving the room to assist another patient.

"Okay," you said, drawing some blood for tests that your overlooking physician, William Halstead, asked for. You tried to keep your eyes off of Jay, as he did the same to you. When you stepped out the room to deliver the tube of blood, he followed.

"Hey, are you busy tonight?" He asked quietly, and you waited for a nurse to pass by before you answered. "No, your place or mine?" You replied with a smirk. "Yours, I'll see you then. Bye," he replied with a smile. Jay showed up at your work occasionally and tried to make time for you without it being suspicious. Will didn't even know. You were a resident at Chicago Med and being as Will was the physician in charge of you, the last thing he needed to know was that you were dating his brother.

The second Jay left, you heard the monitors go off in a room. You knew who's room it was, and that's why you ran there in a haste. It was Jay and Will's father..

Later That Night.

You were sitting in your apartment, the large windows glistened from the city lights below. You were sitting in your living room on the couch with the tv on although you weren't watching. Jay's father was now brain dead after going into cardiac arrest.

You weren't sure he was going to show up tonight until you heard a knock at the door. When you opened it, you saw Jay with slightly red, watery eyes. "Hey, come in," you stepped aside while he walked in. You didn't even realize that he ordered Chinese until he sat the bag on the counter.

As you closed the door, he sat on the couch. "Babe.." he hugged you, crying even harder. "You're okay," you whispered, tearing up yourself. He cried silently for almost an hour. As he stopped, he laid his head in your lap. "Jay.." you but your lip, not sure if you should continue. "I love you," you whispered, and he sat up.

"Y/N, I love you too.." he kissed you softly, pulling you close to him. The rest of the night, you watched tv and cuddled, making sure Jay was okay..

Imagine for najaeminion_ ! ♥️