xvii. jay halstead.💫

requested

requested.

-

"Where is he?!" You ran through the airport that had been on lockdown for the past hour. You made it to the bag where there was a dead body lying in a pool of blood. "W-Where is Jay?" You asked, but no one answered you. "Dawson, where is Halstead?!" You yelled, turning to face an anxious Antonio. "He was abducted. They know he's a cop, Y/N," he told you, and you bit back tears. You turned on your heel, punching a hole in the wall angrily on your way out..

Back at the district, you tried to keep it together. "Hank, there's a boy downstairs that says he wants to talk to you and only you," Sergeant Trudy Platt told him, and he followed her. The boy was holding a pink box that had a cellphone and a CD inside. "Where did you get this?" Hank asked him, and the boy shrugged lightly. "A man outside told me to give it to you," he replied innocently.

Hank took the CD back upstairs while you, Dawson, Atwater, Ruzek, and Burgess stood around the computer. When Ruzek presses play, your knees got weak. They had Jay's hands taped above him as they continuously tased him. Tears rolled down your face. The phone in Voight's hand rang and he answered. "Your man is tough, he won't say anything," the guy laughed. "So in exchange for his life, we want all your CI information delivered by a female cop by 9am tomorrow or Detective Halstead here is dead," he hung up.

"Burgess, we need you to-" "Voight, I can do it," you told him, and he shook his head. "I don't know what love affair you and Halstead got going on, but I need a clear mind out there. Burgess, you're up," he walked towards his office, but you stopped him. "Hank, this is the only time that I can really prove myself. Jay is my fiancé, and I love him, but this is my job. I can do this," you defended, and he didn't argue. "Don't lose your head."

-

"Hand over the files, and once we check to see if they're real, you can have ya boy back," he put his hand out, but you held onto the fire box of folders. "That wasn't the deal. You said the files for Jay. Either I see Jay alive now or I walk with the box," you argued calmly. You had to keep it together not just for your job, but for Jay, too. "Then we goin' for a ride," he said, pointing to the back door of the black SUV..

When you reached the house, they brought Jay in. They threw him on the floor as he groaned quietly. It took everything in you not to run to his rescue, so you walked to him casually. "Jay, are you okay?" You leaned down to him, taking his face in your hands. He couldn't even lie and say yes. He'd been tortured to such an extent that you almost didn't recognize him.

"All these files are fake," a man snarled, tossing the folders onto his desk. "You asked for files, you didn't say they had to be legit," you said and he rolled his eyes angrily. "Of course they gotta be real. Matter fact-" he pulled a gun out and cocked it, pointing it at Jay. "Imma kill him and make you watch," he laughed. You weren't thinking. In a moment, you slapped the gun from his hand and twisted his arm behind his back. He struggled and when he got free, he punched you hard in the face.

Jay's hands were still tied, so he was no help. "Y/N, he's got the gun!" Jay spoke too soon. The guy shot you in the shoulder, and Jay yelled out. You pulled out a blade that was in your back pocket, and threw it with your injured arm, trying to ignore the pain. It stabbed the guy right in his throat and he dropped the gun as he bled out in front of you. You stood for a second, and smiled at Jay before falling to the floor. "Y/N!" Jay called for you, but you didn't answer..

-

You woke up in the hospital, the bright lights blinding you. "Look who's awake," Voight joked, patting your shoulder. "You did a great job out there, Y/N," you nodded softly in thanks. "I'll let them know you're up," he said, leaving the room and within seconds, everyone else filing in. The entire team took their time to speak to you, each of them leaving until Jay was the last one.

"Y/N, are you crazy?" He wanted to yell but he didn't. "I'm fine, Jay. You're alive, our suspect is in custody, everything is fine-" "which is great, but don't you ever put yourself in harm's way like that ever again," he told you sternly, but you shook your head.

"I did it for you, Jay. I always do."

For IsaacLaheysAnchor ⚡️