i. william halstead.🌻

"Well, Mr

"Well, Mr. Halstead, heart surgery would be the best although the angioplasty would also work," you explained to William's father. After William and Connor went to his home & picked him up, he was in the ED as your patient.

"If you don't have to open me up, then I'll take it," he spoke through the fluid in his lungs. "Dad, you heard her. Surgery would be best in the long run," Will tried to convince his dad to have the surgery.

"I said I'm not doing the surgery, I'm fine," he argued right back. "Alright fine," Will walked out and you excused yourself to do the same.

You followed Will to the doctor's lounge room. "Are you not going to convince him otherwise? The angioplasty can only hold up for so long," you told him as if he didn't already know.

"Excuse me, but we're you or were you not the one to give him the option?" He squinted, saying matter of factly. "I laid out his choices in front of him. Why don't you talk to him as his son and not his doctor?"

"He won't listen to me, Y/N!" He yelled, earning a few stares. He quieted himself, "I've tried talking to my father but he sees me as somewhat of a disappointment," he admitted.

Your expression grew soft. "I wasn't the athlete son he wanted, instead he got a doctor and he's been holding it over me every chance he gets.." he explained, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry Will," you apologized guiltily. "Don't worry about it," he began to walk off. You grabbed his arm, turning him to face you. "I love you, Will. You know that," you pressed his lips gently to yours.

He finally gave you a smile. "I love you, too,"

◇ first chicago med imagine! ❤ dedicated to infantilejoy🙂