Chapter 9: Meeting the Mayor.

(Timeskip)

(Y/N's POV)

The concert for Pauline ended and Daisy and I went to the snack booths to grab a bite to eat. I grabbed some hotdogs and Daisy got some cheese pizza, we went to a nearby bench and ate our food while we talked about the festival.

Daisy- *Laughs* Dang Y/N, you were singing and dancing to the song as if you knew it for a long time. 

Y/N- Well, all I'm gonna say is that the song felt real to me.

Daisy- Well I guess if that's your way of seeing things, then a nice way of thinking dude. 

Y/N- Thanks.

We continued to chat till I saw a man wearing a suit and tophat came up to us and looked at me.

Man- Excuse me, sir, I'm sorry to intrude on your night but I must ask you to follow me for a moment.

Y/N- Uhh...Am I in trouble or something?

Man- Not at all sir but Mayor Pauline wants to meet with you personally. 

REALLY?!?!

Y/N- ....M-me?

Man- Yes sir.

I couldn't believe this...the mayor of New Donk City wants to speak to me!

Y/N- Well then.....lead the way.

Man- Very good sir.

I stood up and threw away my trash and went to follow the man but Daisy walked with me and had a concerned look on her face.

Daisy- Gee Y/N, I hope you aren't really in trouble.

Y/N- I hope so too. Don't worry, I'll be back...hopefully not in handcuffs or something.

Daisy then stopped following and went to sit back down and I was following the man to wherever Pauline is. We reached a fancy building and we entered inside and went to an elevator with the man pressing the number 50 button. So I assume we are going to the biggest floor in the building, well then again she is the mayor of a huge city so I guess this is no surprise there. We reached the 50th floor and he lead me to a set of fancy cherry wood doors and the man knocked three times.

"Yes?"

I heard a voice which is definitely Pauline behind those doors.

Man- I have the boy with me as you requested.

"Good, you may leave now and he can enter my office."

Man- Very good Mayor. *Whisper* have a good day sir.

He then left without looking back and I turned to face the doors and was very nervous about opening the door but I persisted and opened the doors revealing the Mayor.

Pauline- You can have a seat on the sofa over there if you wish.

I took her offer and sat down and Pauline went to me with a smile on her face.