Chapter 49: On the Way to Spikemuth

(Timeskip)

(Y/N's POV)

I knew in my gut that Melony would be a challenge but damn, she is a lot stronger and intimidating than she looks, but with all of my team's effort, we defeated her last Pokemon and victory was ours. I clapped and cheered along with the crowd, out of all the battles so far, she was the most exciting yet scariest one to date and to activate a win pumped me up even more. I walked to her to collect my badge and she seemed happy despite her loss, but whatever.

Melony- Congratulations Y/N for your victory, here is your earned prize.

She handed me the badge and was a little cold to touch but I quickly added it with the others.

Y/N- Thank you, that was an amazing battle.

Melony- I'm glad you said that, it was a joy to experience this battle. What's your next move?

Y/N- Heading to the next challenge.

Melony- Neat, if you feel like having another battle or whatever you want, here.

She gave me her League card and it said.

"Hope we can meet and talk soon, I'll be waiting.~"

It had a heart drawn along with a number, I blushed hard.

Melony- *Giggles* You are so cute with that blush, see you soon darling.~

I nodded, quickly left for the locker rooms, locked the door, and faced the wall.

Y/N- Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

I must be the luckiest guy in the world right now, I rambled on and on and felt like screaming in joy right about now but I calmed myself, regained my senses, and looked at myself in a mirror.

Y/N- One of these days, I'll call her and see if she knows another place to eat and other stuff.

With that out of my system, I changed back into my normal clothes, got my bag ready, and began heading out. I unlocked the door and saw Marnie standing there right in front of the door.

 I unlocked the door and saw Marnie standing there right in front of the door

Y/N- Whoa!!! Jesus!

Marnie- Sorry Y/N. I didn't mean to scare you there.

Y/N- I-It's fine but why did you have to stand there like that, could've given me a heart attack.

Marnie- I just wanted to be there to say congrats on your victory and one other thing.

I got up from the floor and we walked toward the exit of the arena hallway, then Marnie tugged my sleeve.

Y/N- Hmm? What's up?

Marnie- Do you know where you have to go next?

Y/N- I'm not sure I figured Oleana would tell me that, why?