Chapter 39: Simple answer, hard consequences.

(Y/N's POV)

Oleana had asked me an offer about being under her guardianship to reach my "full potential" as she said, and while I'm honored to be a considerable candidate, the thing bothering me about it was the fact I have to be under her constant supervision and I won't be able to have time for anyone as she told me that I will be training for most of the time. I already know what my answer is and unlike when Sonia asked me a question and I hesitated to give my response to her, that won't be the case for Oleana, I'm gonna be straight with her in this one.

Oleana- So, is it a yes? Cause I would like to star-...

Y/N- Wait, I have to say this. I thought about it and while I appreciate the great opportunity you gave me, unfortunately, I have to decline.

Her face changed for the first time and she was in genuine shock.

Oleana- W-why is that the case Y/N?

Y/N- I want to experience this journey without constant supervision, I want to be able to do this at my own pace and not under a strict schedule. And with the full potential stuff you said, while I know I need some kind of guidance for that to happen, I want to reach that level on my own with my own mistakes and learn from that. Only then, I'll know how to reach that full potential. However, I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out to me and offering me this, I believe someone else would be glad to take your offer but it's not for me, again thank you.

I said what I wanted to say and hope she understood my reasoning, and she went back to her blank face but this time it seemed even colder which was kinda creepy. Then, she took out a napkin from the table and a pen out of her shirt and began to write something on it. I couldn't see what she wrote but she got done writing, slide it in front of me and stood up, and began to walk out. But, she turned to face me again and said:

Oleana- I hope you succeed in your journey your way...but sometimes you never know when you hit a roadblock and for that, you may need...an adult's help for that.

She then left the restaurant without saying anything else, I looked to see what she had written on that napkin and it said:

"In case you have a change of heart, you decided what to do next. -Oleana"

It had a phone number on it too so there's that, I almost feel like I will never dial this number but mom always said never say never to anything in life so I decided to put the paper in my pocket, just because why not. Then, a waiter walked over to my table with a receipt.

Waiter- Here is a printed receipt sir, Don't worry Ms.Oleana paid for it earlier so you are all good to go. Also, she also told me that you can order anything else to go and it's paid for also, so is there anything you want before you go? 

Well, I might as well bring some desserts and drinks to share with Gloria before we head over to the next town.

Y/N- Well, I'll take two boxes of Creme puffs to go along with two sweet teas, please.

Waiter- Coming right up sir.

While I waited, I texted Gloria to meet me by the restaurant entrance and told her I got something for her. But that whole experience with Oleana left me feeling strange, I couldn't put it into words but the feeling was there.

Y/N's mind- I'll try not to let my choice get to me now, I'll live up to my answer.

(Gloria's POV)

I got the text from Y/N to meet him by the restaurant right next to the Pokecenter, I searched all around the damn town for him and now he lets me know where he was now. I'll make him make it up to me, I just need to know what. I got to the entrance of the restaurant and I saw Y/N exiting through the doors, he was carrying some to-go boxes of something in it and two drinks. I ran to him but didn't hug him this time cause of his full arms but this is the only I will do this, next time it back to hugs for him.~