Chapter 27: On the way to Postwick.

(Y/N's POV)

I was walking along the path looking at the switch's screen at my Hoothoot's stats, and it tells me everything about this pokemon, so does this thing contains its own Pokedex.

Y/N- Looks like I don't need to visit a pokemon professor's lab to get one, I have my own built-in. 

I checked the map and it said I was near a town for about 3 miles so I still have a walk to do. Damn it, well at least I got some company with me now. But then, I saw someone on the side of the path and I didn't see clearly at first but when I got closer, I saw that it was a boy.

 But then, I saw someone on the side of the path and I didn't see clearly at first but when I got closer, I saw that it was a boy

He looked like in late elementary school or something but he was just standing there with a Pokeball in his hand. Wait...does that mean...

Y/N's mind- I got to fight him do I?

But wait, I'm not playing the game so maybe the rules of the game don't apply here since I'm the one who is inside the world. I don't know what kind of logic I'm thinking of, I just want to see if this theory I have in my head works. So, let me just...continue walking like normal, get past the boy, and don't make eye contact. Simple...I hope. I walked near him and when I got in his general sight.

*Swift!*

"Hey!"

I heard him shout hey and for some reason, I can't move any further from him and my body just faced him. He began to walk in my direction and held his Pokeball up in the air.

 "It's a tradition for us pokemon trainers to face one another, lets go!"

Y/N- I-I-I...uhh...

*Pokemon Battle engaged*

All of a sudden, my switch was out of my hands and began to float in front of me, the right joy-con got itself out and placed into my right hand and the left one was left there.

*Youngster Jake challenged Trainer Y/N to a duel!*

*Youngster Jake sents out Caterpie!*