Setting The Gears In Motion

"Yeah yeah, I swear to god Anomaly... If you do not find at least one of them by the end of this week, I will kill you and do it myself." Demon yelled through Darren's phone. He had been on the phone with Anomaly for almost 20 minutes. After reporting that the targets were missing Demon exploded in anger, realizing Phantom had got to them first. 

"Look... I am trying my best man! Alexis normally isn't this hard to find for me but its like her and Jack up an vanished." Anomaly spoke trying to stay calm but unable to succeed sounding angry but nervous due to Demon's anger and attitude overpowering his. Demon facepalmed leaning forward into a wall of his little bunker office. Darren sat in his chair looking disappoint as he listened to the conversation. He was getting worried deep down that the mistake of allowing Phantom to escape would come back to bite them at any second. After a fair amount of silence fueled by disappointment Demon decided he had enough of talking with who he considered an idiot that shouldn't even be worth any of their time.

Taking an inhale and bursting out a huge exhale Demon spoke.

"Na-" He paused realizing he almost screwed up. He refused to screw up like this on the phone.

"Anomaly... You have 24 hours to find ANYTHING that may lead me to either Alexis or Jack... If you do not give me anything, I will find you... The rest I need not mention." He stated sadistically calm compared to right before. There was a small silence that fell on Anomaly's end but finally he simply said "Fine" before hanging up. Darren who was looking down and listening looked up at Demon with an annoyed expression, he wasn't annoyed at Demon he was annoyed at Anomaly and the pointless 20 minute conversation that had finally ended. Demon just threw his phone on his desk and slap his legs lightly.

"I swear, Darren. After this, let me drop his ass." Demon barked.

Darren just gave a light smile and chuckle.

"Y'know, maybe I will." He responded as he got up taking his phone and putting it in his pocket and walking out of the room.

Demon just stood in the room, eventually going to his now vacant chair and sitting putting his arms on the desk. He sat thinking, maybe meditating. It was hard to say what went through his mind this past week. He thought about the fact that he beat Phantom senseless and allowed him to still get an upper hand and escape. He thought about the fact Phantom seemed to get Alexis and Jack away from everything. He came to the conclusion that when they did return, Phantom would be prepared. He had already had a week to heal and get over his sores and major injuries. Demon took a second to think about the bullet hole he put in his shoulder. Assuming he got some decent medical attention he was probably getting over the pain as he sat thinking about him. Like Demon, Phantom was very capable of tolerating major injuries and Demon knew this well. Demon's thoughts were all over the place but finally they all stopped on a specific piece of information. Alexis. Demon wanted Anomaly to find her as bait for Phantom, he knew she was important at one point to his motives however for some reason he couldn't remember why right away, likely because he never dug into the subject. He recalled everything.

Alexis as far as he knew was important because of her abilities. Phantom... Saw himself in her. She had been close to taking down a major crime lord that Phantom was after. This ended up in an event where he witnessed some of her combative skills, taking out a small but experienced group of defensive gangsters. As for the crime boss, Phantom ended up killing him in during the firefight that Alexis and some other agents were in. It was simply assumed that the man had been taken down for resistance. This moment was forever lodged into Phantom's mind, he witnessed skill that he hadn't seen in a long time. In the end he decided to keep tabs on her with the motive being that perhaps one day the cycle with him would repeat itself.