Act III: Vengeance

Alexis had spent a good ten minutes in her 9th floor hotel room before she already realized something wasn't right. She had stepped outside the front of the hotel, it was day time and it was New York, people were up and and about and while she thought she felt safe, she didn't at all. If someone so close to her could be hiding hidden agendas, imagine what any of these people could be hiding. She found herself checking her phone every few minutes hoping to see a relief text fly in. This did not happen, instead there were hundreds of missed calls and texts from Jack.

"ALEXIS WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO"

"WHERES MY CAR"

"ARE YOU OKAY"

All there seemed to be were these messages. Alexis felt the worst for doing what she did but she needed to talk to Logan without Jack's protectiveness. Still obviously broke down she decided she would walk. She started walking towards a more commercial district because she felt more people would equal less stress. In a way she was right but she also was to much of a nervous wreck at this point. As she walked, keeping her head down, for some reason reading every one of Jack's panicking texts she forgot where she was. She did this multiple times throughout her movements, she knew the city well enough just she was so unfocused on everything, she hated herself for her mistakes and choices lately and that was all that she could think of. As she read the texts she found herself in a small trance, drowning out sounds around her, including the sound of a new text from a different person. She almost missed it but a second text came in and woke her up. She assumed it was Logan texting saying he was on the way or scolding her for what she did but it wasn't. It was an unknown number, she tapped on the chat to see their two messages and she almost fainted.

"I see you Alexis."

"You can't escape. Where's Phantom now?" She found herself looking all over the place trying to see who saw her, someone clearly was stalking her and proof was submitted via a third message, a small clip of her walking. She tracked where it was recorded from and scanned the buildings across the street from her but there was nothing but normal foot traffic. Then a picture that came from behind her, almost less than 15ft away. She quickly turned around almost bumping into an elderly man. She once again couldn't see anything so she started speed walking with a big group of people walking hoping to blend in with them until she could find a spot to make a break for it. She walked with this group for a good few blocks until she saw a way to escape. A construction site, her plan was to quickly run through it and run further from there until she felt out of site. As she was preparing another picture came in from her right, the opposite side of where she was running, it felt zoomed in this time, she couldn't see anyone once again so she just full sent it. She sprinted past the busy morning traffic right through the gates to the construction site and followed the tall wall so that anyone watching her would lose sight before she left the site. She heard people yelling but ignored them, if there was security things could get really bad but she kept going until she finally sprinted out the other side of the site and across another street through a back lane and into a coffee shop that had tables away from windows where she quickly sat herself. Although no one would have vision of her from the outside she still leaned herself down. After some time to catch her breath she pulled out her phone again to see if the unknown stalker had left any more messages. 

"You can't run..." 

"I know exactly where you are."

"see you soon, lets have a coffee :)"

She almost screamed but held it back. How did this person know? Where the hell were they? Then it hit her, she thought about the reason they kept their phones off at the bunker... She had this realization as she just stared at her phone itself. They were tracking it. Instead of dropping it she stayed inside feeling like it would be safe and texted "Nate". She still hadn't received a reply to her earlier message but tried anyway. About ten minutes went by that felt way longer to her when her phone started ringing. It scared the shit out of her but she realized it was Logan and very quickly answered.