7. Streetlights look so beautiful at night

Mark washes his hands and sighs, looking at himself in the mirror.

He looked awful, he hadn't had a shower in ages, he hadn't slept properly in ages, he was pale and his hair needed cutting.

Johnny appears behind him and he turns around, throwing himself into Johnny's arms.

"It's okay now, Mark," He says and Mark shakes his head. "It won't..." He murmurs and Johnny raises a brow in confusion. "Why won't it be okay?" He asks and Mark lets go of Johnny, hanging his head and muttering something that Johnny couldn't understand. "Cuz what?" He asks and Mark sighs. "Because I love him, Johnny! that's why nothing's gonna be okay!" He raises his voice and Johnny freezes. What was he supposed to say? congratulations? you're a fucking idiot? how was he supposed to respond to that?

"Y-You're in... love w-with Yuta?" He stammers and Mark's ears go red in embarrassment. "That's why you won't kill him? that's why you killed Doyoung... because you're falling right into his trap" Johnny says looking up at Mark and Mark rolls his eyes. "It's not like that-"

"It's exactly like that Mark, I'm not an idiot"

"You don't know anything about this!"

"I know everything I need to know Mark," He says. "Where'd you put the key to my drawer?"

"Huh?" He looks at Johnny confused before realising what he meant. "I don't want you to read it..."

"Why?"

"Just stay out of it please,"

"NO! I CAN'T JUST STAY OUT OF IT JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE HIM MARK!" He raises his voice at Mark and Mark looks up at him. "But you'll die if you get involved..." Mark says softly and Johnny sighs. "If that's what it takes to get rid of that evil creature then it is what it is, okay?!"

"I don't want you to die... Taeyong hyung's death hurt enough... you're basically my brother... I can't let you die" Mark mutters, lowering his head as he follows Johnny into the kitchen.

SMACK!

An intense pain shot up into Mark's jaw. It hurt so bad yet it felt nice in an odd way that Mark couldn't describe. His mouth fills up the taste of copper coins and his eyes widen, he opens his mouth and Johnny watches the dark crimson blood drip down Mark's chin as he smiles. Mark lets out a laugh before standing up.

That was the last string...

"Johnny... you were such a lovely friend" He smiles, walking backwards until his waist was backed up to the side. His hands creep back and reach the knife that Johnny had left on the side. "But you're starting to bore me," He says, his face dropping. "Bore you? Do you see me as just a play friend? Mark, snap out of it. you're being ridiculous" Johnny scoffs, noticing Mark's grasp on the knife.

"Ridiculous eh? don't you think this is ridiculous? it's all completely ridiculous. All of it, isn't it?" He snickers and Johnny takes a step back knowing Mark was about to swing for him soon. "I think it's ridiculous that you think you can help the situation. I think it's ridiculous that you brought me back here. I think it's ridiculous... that... you think I feel bad for killing my friends" He looks at his reflection in the knife before looking up at Johnny who was pissed. How could he feel no remorse for killing three of his closest friends? was he out of his mind? He represses the urge to beat the shit out of Mark, sipping his coffee and sighing as he places it down on the coffee table in front of him and turning around to look at Mark.

"So this is where you kill me I'm guessing," Johnny says, letting a small laugh slip through his lips. "Pathetic," he mutters, enraging Mark even further. "Mark, you're being absolutely pathetic. Mark you're killing your friends not saving them, you killed Doyoung and Chenle yet you say you don't want any of us to die but you don't regret killing them, make up your mind Mark"