9. Deal with the devil

November 03
01:16 AM

-----

"Nakamoto Yuta..." A familiar voice calls out his name and he smiles, turning around. "Surprised to see you're still alive honestly" The man laughs. "You too" Yuta smirks.

"Have a seat," He says sitting down on one of the chairs before lighting his cigarette. Yuta sits down, crossing one leg over the other and crossing his arms. "Want one?" He asks offering Yuta a cigarette and Yuta looks at him disgusted. "I don't smoke anymore," Yuta says, declining the man's offer. "Good on ya," The man says blowing the smoke to the side.

"What do you want then?" Yuta asks. "Well... I just thought I'd see how you were doing. I noticed you found a friend, didn't know you hung out with lads like him, he's really shy isn't he?" The man says and Yuta smiles. "Oh, Mark? yeah, he's adorable, isn't he? I stalked him for a couple of months, he's my toy now~" Yuta informs the man who nods, confused to the core but he'd rather not say anything about it seeing as he values his life.

"I thought after her  you swore to never love again?" He mentions to Yuta who glares at him. "I thought we made a deal back then to never mention it  in our conversations," Yuta says and the man nods. "S-sorry, I kinda forgot, it has been a few years," The man says and Yuta sighs.

"How's the wife and your daughter, she's fourteen now isn't she?" Yuta asks and the man nods. "Yep, she is... but... there's something odd going off with her," The man says, blowing out the last cloud of smoke, stubbing the cigarette out on the glass table before looking up at Yuta. "She keeps mentioning you in her sleep yet she's never met you since she was eight" The man sighs.

"How odd" Yuta smiles. "I remember meeting her for the first time, shy, adorable, innocent but she warmed up to me quicker than I expected, honestly I think she seemed to cling to me more than you" Yuta chuckles and the man nods. "She did, she'd always ask when uncle Yuta would be coming over again, she liked playing with you because you were in a way like an older sister, not to say you acted like a girl haha but you seemed skilled in things that are typically for women to do, like many artistic things," The man tells him and he nods. "I am quite an artistic person, maybe not in the same way as I used to be but I'd still class myself as artistic," He says and the man lights up another cigarette.

"What does she say in these dreams then?" Yuta asks. "She seems... scared. Since she started mentioning you in her dreams, she's been having many nightmares and I know that sounds bad but I hope you know I don't mean it to insult you" The man says, Yuta could feel the man radiating fear which causes him to smile. "Carry on," Yuta says. "O-okay, but yeah... she seems scared but she never wants to tell us about the dreams so of course, we can't force it out of her. I know she keeps a dream log somewhere but no one can find it" The man tells Yuta and he nods slowly.

"Are you hinting at something? do you perhaps want me to find it?" Yuta asks and the man gulps. "If you don't want to then that's fine but if you would that would be gratefully appreciated," The man says, looking at Yuta with hopeful eyes and Yuta begins to chuckle. "Of course, it's not something I'd find interesting but it's about me so I'll do it. What do I get in return?" Yuta asks and the man freezes, he didn't realise how much Yuta had changed over the years apart. Back then Yuta would do a favour for anyone and ask for nothing back not even a thank you but now... he's probably gonna want someone's life in return...

"Um... anything you want. Whether it's money or someone's life, anything you want"

"What about your other daughter's life?" Yuta asks with a smirk and the man stares at Yuta with silent rage. "Don't joke about..." The man simply says. "You can still tell when I'm joking? impressive. I care for that child of yours, I wouldn't take her life" Yuta sighs and the man scoffs. "You only care for her because she's just as gone as you are," He says and Yuta laughs. "I understand the confusion she's going through, if I wanted to, I'd take her right out of your care but that could potentially put her life in danger as well as Mark's" Yuta explains. "Now what I'd want in return is..." Yuta starts. The man takes a drag of his cigarette with shaky hands, wondering what Yuta could possibly want from him. Whether he controlled the world or not didn't matter when it came to Yuta's requests, he would purposely ask for something just out of your reach so he could watch you begin to panic and try to find a way around it just so he'd have an excuse to kill you at the end. He said it was a form of entertainment for himself. Sick bastard he is...