15. You're safe for now...

"Ugh god, my head is pounding" Yuta murmurs, staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. He was an absolute mess.

"Morning Uncle Yuta!" Kaname hops into the bathroom with a timid Eunbi trailing around behind her and Yuta just hums in response. "Oh, seems you woke up on the wrong side of the bed huh? what happened to you?" She asks, stepping onto the little stool that helped her reach her what she needed from around the sink, e.g toothbrush, toothpaste etc. "Bad dream" He murmurs and she frowns. "Oh no, do you wanna tell me about it?" She asks and he shakes his head. "Nah, it's alright," He mutters, shoving the toothbrush in his mouth. "... Okay then I guess, I don't mind if you change your mind later, I'm always up for a good story," She says and he nods.

After a few moments of them brushing their teeth in silence she sighs. "Tell me, it's not fair if I always have to tell you but you don't have to tell me so just tell me" She crosses her arms. "I don't want to" He sighs. "Is it about Mark? you miss him, don't you? why don't you ring him?" She asks and he notices Eunbi's head tilt a little when Kaname mentioned Mark. She still didn't know that those two had anything to do with each other. "Okay fine, it's about Mark but... I doubt he'd answer my calls, he barely answers my messages" He spits out the toothpaste. "Well I wanna talk to him so message him and say that I wanna talk to him, he'll definitely answer then and then maybe afterwards, he'll talk to you," She says and he sighs again. "It's all good trying but what if he doesn't?" He asks.

"Look, I'll talk to him, I'll convince him to talk to you, we'll talk about me for a bit and then I'll switch it to you okay? I promise you it'll work" She says holding her pinky out. "Fine..." He mutters.

After finishing brushing his teeth, he follows Kaname along with Eunbi to the living room, she picks up his phone and passes it to him. "Unlock it," She says and he sighs, typing in the code before passing it back to her, within a few seconds the phone was ringing. If anything Eunbi was the most anxious, the poor soul hadn't a clue what was happening!

"Hi, Mark!" She smiles, quickly putting it on loudspeaker. "Oh hey Kaname, how are you? is everything okay?" He asks and she giggles. "Yep, everything's fine but to be honest... I'm a little worried about Yuta" She whispers and he makes a sound of confusion. "Why what happened?" He asks and Yuta bites the inside of his cheek to stop himself from smiling like an idiot. "He seems upset, like really upset, I've known him since forever and I've never seen him so upset until you left... could you check up on him?" She asks and Mark sighs. "I- Uh... um... is he at home with you?" He asks and Kaname looks at Yuta and he sighs nodding. "Yeah, he is, you wanna talk to him now?" She asks looking up at Yuta with a smug look.

"I mean I don't mind I guess... but first fill me in, what happened to him?"

"I think it's better for him to tell you, but overall I think he's having bad dreams..." She says.

"Okay, pass the phone to him and I'll check on him, okay?"

"Okay okay, Yuta, there you go," She says passing the phone to Yuta who sighs.

"Mark?" He says softly. "Yuta, what's up? Kaname told me you've been having bad dreams since I left, is everything alright?" He asks and Yuta chuckles. "Now it is, I like your voice, are you genuinely worried?" He asks. "Of course, I'm not fake" He scoffs. "Hah, thank you, it means a lot to have someone that cares about me like you do," He smiles.

"So... what are these dreams about?" Mark asks and Yuta sighs. "It's a little embarrassing... but... you, I don't want to lose you..." He murmurs a smile crossing over his lips as he feels Mark's ears redden over the line. "I-I mean I'm still here, I still know you exist, I still think of you," Mark gives a nervous giggle. "I never realised how difficult it was being away from somebody you really care about" Yuta smiles. "Ay~ stop being cheesy, I bet you've been glad to get rid of me for a bit," Mark says and Yuta sighs. "Not really, I felt pretty lonely without you, bed is cold, I don't hear the tip-tap of your bare feet on the floors, I don't hear your nagging at me to eat. It may seem like it annoys me but I promise you I love it, it's... I'd say uplifting, it makes me happy to see you care for me and your presence, in general, makes me so much happier" Yuta smiles. "Stop being cheesy~" Mark laughs, feeling incredibly flustered. "It's true though, it's the little things that matter in our relationship," Yuta says and Kaname looks at Eunbi's confused look.

Kaname pulls her to the side.

"It's confusing I know," Kaname smiles. "What's the other guy's name?" Eunbi asks. "Mark, I think from what I overheard his full name is Mark Lee..." She says and Eunbi gasps making Kaname jump. "What is it?" Kaname asks. "That's my uncle Mark! I knew I recognised his voice" She smiles, her smile soon fading to an expression of confusion. "Uncle Mark is dating Uncle Yuta?" Eunbi asks and Kaname laughs nervously. "Uh... I... I don't really know what they are but I think they are..." Kaname says softly, confused. She didn't know what Mark and Yuta were just like Mark didn't. Maybe Yuta was confused about it as well. Who knows?

After a bit the two hear Yuta say his goodbyes and sigh as he places the phone on the table, leaning back with a soft smile.

"I told you it'd work, didn't I?" Kaname smiles and he rolls his eyes. "It's whatever I guess," He says. "I'm kidding, thank you" He laughs and Eunbi looks up at him. "I never knew you knew my uncle Mark," She says and he freezes. "Eh? your... your u-uncle Mark?" He stammers and she nods. "Yeah I call him uncle Mark but he's not really my uncle, he's my mum's cousin," She says and Yuta laughs nervously. "O-oh... okay, interesting huh..." He laughs. "I used to go out with your mum," He says and Kaname gasps, covering Eunbi's ears. "What?" Yuta asks confused.

"SHE'S ONLY NINE GODDAMN IT!" She yells. "And you're fifteen?... there's basically no difference, I don't see why you're making such a massive deal about it" He crosses his arms. "I don't know either, I just feel like I need to protect her innocence" Kaname sighs. "You've adapted to her being your new little sister faster than I thought, it's cute" Yuta smiles. "Well seen as she's Mark's cousin, take care of her... don't ever leave her side," He says holding his pinky out and she rolls her eyes.

"As an older sister, I will always be there for her" Kaname promises, interlocking her pinky with Yuta's and Eunbi smiles softly.

She felt so warm inside, her older sister loved her. She'd never felt this sort of feeling, family love. She never knew her father and barely knew her mother seeing as she was usually dumped at Mark's parent's house while her mum went to 'work'. Eunbi knew she wasn't working, she'd never had a job. Eunbi knew all that. But she was stumped when it came to what her mother was actually doing. No one would ever tell her a straight answer, they'd always leave her pondering about it alone. She just hoped her mother was safe. She was confused with her new step-dad, he seemed so secretive and he scared her. She didn't like to be around her parents. She'd stay in her room playing with her dolls and scrawling something on the paper she had, if she had no paper then the walls were the paper's replacement. She'd be scolded by her mother for it but she grew to not care because she didn't feel anything special for her mother once she got a new dad. It was all about him from then but now she'll never have to see them again... hopefully.

-x-

I legit do not know what to write so here's a short chapter for once :)

~ ECHOBRAVO :3