30. Liar

Mark wakes up in the strange hospital room again yet no one was in there with him. He was covered in bandages and had an IV in him. He could also hear the repetitive beep of the heart rate monitor. He looks outside and sees it's dark. He must I've been in a tall ass building judging by the view he was seeing. All the smaller buildings stretched miles away. He found him gripping onto the bed cover as he hears the beeping quicken from the realisation of how high up he was.

He felt lonely. He wanted to share this view with someone. Usually, he'd call out for Johnny but Johnny was most likely rotting somewhere underground if Yuta had been kind enough to dispose of him by burial.

"Mark...?"

He opens his eyes and sighs. Just his mind playing tricks as always. He closes his eyes again and exhales.

"Mark!"

"What?!" He huffs opening his eyes again, jumping back in shock. "H-hyung?" He breathes seeing Jaehyun standing in front of him. The two were both in a large white room with a white marble floor and wore all white except they had no shoes or socks, just bare feet on the cold floor.

"Hi," Jaehyun smiles. "You alright? You look tired" Jaehyun says and Mark shrugs. "I am tired" He laughs weakly. "I know, I'm sorry" He whispers and Mark shakes his head. "You don't need to be, this is all on me," Mark says and Jaehyun furrows his brows. "Mark none of this is your fault" Jaehyun mutters. "It's all my fault, I'm still making it worse but it'll be over soon, I promise," Mark says.

"Why are you making the promise to me?" Jaehyun asks with a snicker at the end.

"Because I feel like I owe you and all the others this," Mark says, a little embarrassed by his words. "Whether you're worried about me or not, I just wanted you to know..." Jaehyun begins. "If you're promising anything to anyone, it should be those who you had to... kill," He says softly. "How do I get to them? I doubt they'd want to see me..." Mark frowns. "What are you on about? Of course, they'd want to see you" Jaehyun smiles. "I don't know where they are, I'm here by myself, kinda boring" He smiles, looking around the large white room. "I'll stay with you if you want" He smiles and Jaehyun's face drops. "You can't stay here," He states. "Why?" Mark asks and Jaehyun looks down sighing before looking back up at Mark.

"You need to sort things out first, it's the rule here, you can't have unfinished business like yours," Jaehyun says and Mark raises a brow. He knew Jaehyun was taking the piss but he wanted to know why he couldn't stay.

"Be serious" Mark sighs, crossing his arms.

"You can't die yet, you're not allowed" Jaehyun crosses his arms. "Oh," He murmurs.

"Sorry..." Jaehyun apologises and Mark shakes his head. "Stop apologising" Mark sighs. "You have to go soon, you can't stay here too long," Jaehyun says and Mark nods. A few moments of silence pass by as Mark thinks of something to say, but he had nothing to say. He couldn't do anything to change what had happened. He couldn't go back in time. He couldn't end it now, he had people to save. "Let me leave then," Mark says and Jaehyun pauses. He hesitates at first but hugs Mark before gently covering his eyes.

"Keep your head high Mark, don't look so down" Jaehyun smiles.

-----

"Mark?!" He hears a panicked voice. He opens his eyes and sees Kaname. "What the fuck...?" She stares at him with wide tear-soaked eyes. "You...! you were just dead! Flatlined for like five whole minutes" She breathes, absolutely flabbergasted.

"Oh..." He says in a small voice. "Oh!? Is that it??? Jesus Christ Mark!" She laughs weakly. "Thank god you're still alive though," She smiles and he nods. The room falls silent. "What's going on?" He asks. "You lost so much blood, did you fight?" She asks softly and Mark looks down, remembering the moments of the night before. Flashes of the scars on Yuta's arms played on his mind and he felt that sense of guilt all over again.