34. Double check

"Oi, wake up" Jeno feels someone slap him and he turns over, with an annoyed expression. His eyes were still glued shut. "What time is it?" He mumbles. "Do you want to die?" They snicker and Jeno sighs, sitting up and rubbing his eyes before opening them.

He groans looking away.

Why was this man in such formal clothing at this time? where was he going? a funeral? hopefully, he'll be the one in the casket...

"What do you want now?" He huffs. "I need you and your friends to do a little favour for me" Yuta smiles. "Ugh piss off, you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself" He groans, laying down and rolling back over. Yuta chuckles, placing the phone next to Jeno's ear, turning the volume up a few notches. Jisung. He was whimpering and whining. Jeno feels his blood boil instantly.

Jeno goes to swing for Yuta but it quickly backfires and Yuta folds his arm behind him, pushing it up his back the way the police do it. "Will you do it then?" Yuta breathes in Jeno's ear, a smirk on his face. "On the condition, you let Jisung free immediately" He growls and Yuta sighs. "After," He says and Jeno stares at him. "Now" Jeno protests. "The longer you try to argue with me, the longer he stays tied up, whimpering like a little bitch" Yuta smiles. "Fuck you" He hisses.

"Oh, you should really be careful what you wish for Mr Lee~" He smirks. "You wouldn't do anything anyway, you're all talk" He scoffs at Yuta who just chuckles holding up the phone before pressing a button causing Jisung to choke out a cry and mumble aimlessly. "Higher?" He asks and Jeno takes a deep breath, biting his cheek. "I'll take that as a y-"

"FINE!" Jeno yells. "I'll do your dirty work" He spits. "Good boy~" Yuta coos into his ear and presses his phone screen 3 times and Jisung's cries die down into heavy breaths and whimpers.

Jeno was furious. Yuta ordered him to wake up Jaemin and Jaemin seemed to go along with everything like it was okay. "Hey," Jeno slaps his arm. "Are you even listening?" He sighs. "Yeah...?" Jaemin says rubbing his eye. "Why are you okay with this? why won't you retaliate? that bastard could be leading us to our deaths and you'd go along?" He huffs. "It's not like we have any choice" Jaemin shrugs.

"Remember that night that I supposedly went to the shop?" He asks and Jeno's face drains of blood. "I didn't go to the shop, I had to meet him and tell him as much as I knew otherwise Jisung would die" Jaemin admits and Jeno looks at him in disbelief. "He had a knife to Jisung's throat! I had to" He breathes. "You... you..." He stammers, staring at Jaemin with widened eyes before letting out a weak laugh and storming off. Jeno couldn't believe it. There was no one he could trust anymore. Not Mark, not Jaemin, not even himself. Jisung was just a question mark to him now.

Yuta had gotten him exactly where he wanted him. Yuta had everyone wrapped around his fingers. He could do anything now and nobody would be able to complain or one of us would die. It was like a child playing with toy soldiers. Yuta saw them as toys but they were all weapons against each other. There was no trust anymore. Anyone could stab you in the back at the time you least expected it.

Jeno and Jaemin split ways and Jaemin goes to find Jungwoo and Jeno goes to find Lucas whilst Yuta stayed at home to monitor them unknowingly.

Jaemin sighs as he walks down the darkened street, a few street lights seemed to be off too. Maybe it was Yuta's doing, maybe they were just faulty. Jaemin couldn't understand why he was doing all this. What would he get out of this? When did this all start? He couldn't find a reason to smile anymore. His lips felt numb. He felt numb.

He lifts his head up and looks down the street. He could see the main road from where he was standing, just behind the trees were the lights on the main road. He felt a pang of nostalgia hit him. He missed the days when everything was normal. He wished to turn back time to when everyone hung out all the time. The time when there were no secrets between them, the time when they were all there for one another but that can't even be changed now. Thanks, Mark. He takes a deep breath as he approaches Jungwoo's house. There was a light on in the kitchen. He gulps placing a hand on the door before pressing it down and opening it. He was praying that Jungwoo was okay, if he was still alive then maybe there's a way of getting him to a safe place as Yuta's not around to see. Maybe, just maybe.