13. Missing the point

"Mark..."

"Mark~"

"Mark?"

"MARK!"

Mark shoots up and looks around, spotting Renjun who sighs.

"You really need to chill out, why are you acting like you're always on the go?" Renjun asks and Mark gulps. "Why am I here?" He asks, hoping everything he remembered was just a dream. "You left last night but came stumbling back a few hours later, crying about something or other I don't know but you had bruises all over you and we got worried," Renjun says and Mark frowns. "Goddamn it," Mark buries his head in his hands embarrassed.

"What's wrong?" Renjun sits at the edge of the bed, looking at Mark with pure concern.

"I-... Nah, it's not important. Don't worry" Mark gives Renjun a small smile. "Just tell me, we're really worried about you, anything you say is important to us, we just wanna know you're alright," He says and Mark sighs. "You're too innocent to know" He sighs and Renjun raises a brow. "Fine... last night... the bruises, add two and two together"

"You and that guy...?" Renjun mumbles to himself, trying to make sense of what Mark was saying before his eyes shoot open. "O-oh... wow... okay um..." He pauses. "So that's what you were on about... does that mean you're gonna stay here now?" He asks. "I mean... I have nowhere to go now except here or his" He says. "Ah... I see, um... want breakfast?" Renjun asks, desperately trying to get as far from the topic of Mark being railed into oblivion last night as possible. "Nah... just a drink of something warm will do," He says and Renjun nods. "Wanna come down with me?" He asks and Mark looks up. "I mean I can try" He laughs and Renjun's cheeks flare up. "Goddamn it Hyung, get a grip" He sighs, helping the lad up onto his shaky legs. "I can walk but I just need to be careful" Mark mumbles. "I'll be in front so don't worry," He says and Mark smiles as they make their way out of the room and to the dining room where a sleepy Jisung and Jaemin were sitting.

"Oh, morning Hyung" Jisung mumbles. "How was last night?" Jaemin asks wiggling his eyebrows and Mark just stares at him blankly. "It's too early Jaemin, shut up please" He grumbles, laying his head on the table. He sighs turning his head to try and cover his mass of hickeys but groans, realising they were all over.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asks slowly, through a mouthful of cornflakes. "I'm... f-fine" He stammers. "Go back to sleep if you want to," He says, not understanding anything at the moment, all he knows is that Mark is finding it difficult to walk. That's all.

"I'm alright Ji, eat your breakfast" Mark smiles at the younger who nods, his eyes barely open. Jaemin, on the other hand, looked as though he was about to start levitating. He had way too much energy for whatever time it was. "So~ Hyung~ when are you and-" Jaemin lets out a small squeak, his hands held up in defence as a knife was held to his throat. Jisung looks at him with closed eyes and sighs. "Mark Hyung, stop being weird, go back to sleep you're still tired," He says and Mark laughs, sliding back into his chair. "Sorry, Jaemin... just... don't mention him..." Mark buries his head into his arms and sighs for the nth time that minute.

"Hey Hyung," Jisung pipes up again. "Yes Jisung" Mark sighs. "Where did Lucas Hyung go last night?" He asks and Mark begins to pull the knife back out. Awaiting the next words that would cause Jisung's untimely death... he didn't want to but if he had to he would.

"He went home, Jisung, don't worry" Renjun replies quickly. He places a cup in front of Mark and Mark retracts the blade putting it back in his pocket.

Mark sits up and stares down into the cup of steaming hot choco before looking up at Renjun. "Thanks," He says and Renjun nods. "Hey Jaemin, mind if I have a word with you?" Renjun says and Mark sips on the drink knowing what it would be about. What anyone would say to try and cover that their friend was a murderer on verge of murdering anyone over a simple word. They're stressed. Got lots of pent up anger. Going through a rough time. That's not even half of it Renjun...