16. Killer

"Oh dear, what happened here?"

Mark's eyes begin to open and his vision is blurry. Everything was just coloured blurs but he could tell who the person crouching in front of him was... Yuta.

He couldn't speak, every muscle in his body hurt. He could barely even breathe.

"Missed me a bit too much did you?" He chuckles, propping Mark's limp body up against the wall, licking the blood off his fingers and raising his brows. "Not yours..." He says with a look of confusion. "Don't move, I'll help clean this up," He says and Mark manages to let out a croak making Yuta freeze in his tracks.

"Hm? something you want to say?" He asks and Mark looks up, his ears turning red as he cracks a pained smile and looks away. "Aw~ even when you're on the verge of death you still become flustered by me, how adorable" Yuta smiles as he picks what seems to be Renjun's corpse up and Mark puts his hand up to indicate he wanted to tell Yuta something.

"Hurry up, I'm not the most patient darling" He sighs.

"... Is Eunbi okay?" He asks, his voice barely a whisper.

"Of course, I left them at Kaname's house because I wanted to check in on you... turns out it was a good job I got here when I did" He says walking off. Mark was in a state of confusion, the memories all hazy. What had happened here? why was he in so much pain? what happened to Renjun? why was there blood all over the place? He heard faint screams and cries playing from the memories but he couldn't match anything together. His eyes begin to close again but open again when he feels a warm hand slap his cheek.

"Don't fall asleep, stay with me," Yuta says picking him up. He looks around to see the place was... spotless... and he had a new change of clothes. How long had fallen asleep for?

"What happened?" Mark croaks.

"You're with me now, you don't need to worry about what happened," He says as he leaves the house, walking towards the car, opening the back and carefully laying Mark on the seats. He closes the door and gets into the driver's seat. "And before we go... quickly just..." He taps his screen a few times and starts the car up

"Stay awake yeah?" Yuta says and Mark hums in response, feeling a little more awake now. "Yuta..." He says softly and Yuta looks in the mirror at Mark who was now sitting up, half awake. Dazed. Yuta giggles. "Yes, darling?" He smirks and Mark doesn't say anything. He just looks at Yuta with a blank expression. "We'll stop at the shop on the way back, is that okay?" He says and Mark nods, slumping into the seat and sighing. 

"I love you" Mark blurts out.

"I know" Yuta chuckles.

Yuta parks up and turns around to Mark. "Are you coming or do you want to stay in here?" Yuta asks and Mark looks at him with sparkling eyes."I wanna come with you," He says, his voice layered with desperation. He didn't want to be alone. He was terrified right now because he hadn't got a clue what had happened. "Okay, come on then," He says, getting out and opening the door for Mark who gets out, standing on shaky feet. "Are you sur-" He's cut off by Mark looking up at him with pleading eyes and he sighs. "Okay, just be careful," He says as they walk into the shop.

"What would you like?" He asks. "A drink," He says. "Is that it?" Yuta asks and Mark nods. "I'm really thirsty," He says. "Okay okay, aren't you hungry?" He asks and Mark shakes his head. "Nah," He says and Yuta shrugs. "Well, let's get some snacks just in case you change your mind" He smiles as he walks down the snack aisle and picks up a few snacks that he'd noticed Mark had his eyes on using the excuse of he liked them too.

The two walk around the shop, taking as long as needed to make sure Yuta had picked up everything the two wanted. Mark hadn't said a word since they walked into the shop which caused Yuta to become slightly worried about Mark's condition. Was he really in a fit enough to state to be in public right now? He was taking risks that even put him on edge. What did Mark's silence mean? was he about to snap again or was he still just confused and coming to his senses?