37. Farewell

Yuta...

Yuta's head flies up, looking around him for the voice that called his name. He'd almost dropped off to sleep. Yuta had been anonymously hired to kill a few guys which wasn't the first time but he wasn't really too interested in doing it and a mere £400,000 didn't really excite him. They didn't seem strong either, not mentally anyway. Yuta could wipe them out in seconds which for Yuta, isn't fun at all. He loves a strong person, physically and mentally, especially mentally. He loves testing people's limits, how far it takes for them to break and give in, and what triggers them. It sends tingles all over his body to see such hatred in a person's eyes, the despair when they realise there's nothing they can do to beat him. They'll see you.

They speak again. He gulps. The lack of sleep must be catching up with him. He mentally scolded himself for thinking he could survive on such a low amount of sleep. After all, he's only human and humans have limits, and Yuta needs to understand because he will get ill one day. He rolls his eyes, he must be half asleep already. The people who'd hired him had given him a deadline of 25 hours which was rather generous of them. Usually, the deadline would be within 12 hours or 15 at max. People liked their jobs being done pronto and didn't like to wait and Yuta was fine with that, the pay was usually worth it. £100,000 per kill usually brought out the big guys like the mafia or other gangs and groups who had rivals. Sometimes they'd offer Yuta around 1 million but that was if they wanted him to clean up too. Yuta wasn't really bothered about money, he had all he needed, he set a high price because he knew he'd get more of a challenge out of it. If he knew each time would be a challenge, he'd do it for free even if they wanted him to clean up as well.

Yuta would go by a different alias for every customer, each name was specially tailored to fit the group. For this one, he used the name Jesse, no need for a surname in these situations. He was surprised after monitoring them for a short while after the job that the ones which he noticed were working together didn't realise it was the same person. But after all, they're idiots anyway. The fact they don't recognise the man they met has the biggest bounty on his head makes Yuta laugh. Whilst Yuta worked for the mafia, he made many many enemies including the people who hired him to kill for them. He would kill them but he knew he'd get carried away and they'd realise after almost a decade that he was never dead. He didn't want the hassle of playing hide and seek with a bunch of weaklings who'd probably never find him anyway.

Yuta had approximately 10 hours left until the deadline and decided he may as well do it now otherwise he probably won't do it and miss out on a good amount of cash just for the kill.

He reads through the note on his phone again.

-----

British lad, Ethan Davis

Appx 18 y/o

Southern Keyford

-----

He furrows his brows, the lad was only young and he'd made a name for himself. £400,000 for a boy? That seemed promising. Yuta scoffed, he couldn't say much as he'd wiped out an entire group at the age of 19. He wondered what this kid had done so wrong, the guy hadn't told him anything specific, all he said was that 'he got in the way of the gang's mission'  which wasn't much of an excuse in Yuta's eyes but he wanted to check it out to see how strong this kid was. Burn it. Rip it up. GO ON RIP IT UP.

He checks the note again, reading the location. Southern Keyford... he recognised that place, it's around the area where he lived with Francesca.

Yuta swallows. Why was he nervous? It wasn't like she was still alive, she'd been dead for at least a decade, no need to worry... right? Yuta rubs his face in frustration. He was annoyed by his nervousness. He needn't be afraid of a dead person, a dead person couldn't do anything to him. He did miss her though, he missed Francesca so much as she was the only one that he felt truly cared for him but... once that happened, maybe not. Yuta sighs and looks at the photos the guy had given Yuta to identify the boy. Silly little boy.