009

Jimin pressed himself against the wall beside the gate as he peeked out through the bars. They had made it to the gate without issue, but Jimin knew better than most that quiet always happened right before the storm.

Facing Jungkook's friends, he indicated that they would climb over. The high schoolers nodded. Nodding back, Jimin bent down into a base position and cocked his head. The girl, Mina, if he recalled correctly, was given a little shove forward by Seokmin.

Stepping forward, she daintily pressed her foot into Jimin's palms, maneuvering her weight expertly to lightly lift herself up over the gate. After peering over the other side of the side for a few seconds, she tugged herself over, landing lightly on the ground on the other side. Jimin blinked at her from between the bars. She must have been an athlete of some sort too.

Shaking his head, he refocused and helped Seokmin get over the fence before hauling himself over. Now that they were out of school grounds, he could see some colour appearing on Mina's face. Holding his hand to his lips, Jimin made sure that both of them acknowledged his command to keep quiet before taking them down the winding path.

It took a few minutes but they eventually came to the grove of trees where they had hidden the Wrangler. Passing through the leafy curtain, Jimin felt some of his tension ease now that they had successfully gotten some of Jungkook's friends to safety.

Coming up to the boot, Jimin thanked God that all of Yoongi's windows were tinted from the outside before popping it open. Since they wanted to move as quickly as possible, he thought it'd be better to get the pair he'd come with to stay in the backseat first to reduce delay.

"Yoongi-ssi?" He called when he looked to the driver seat and didn't see anyone. Gesturing for Seokmin and Mina to climb into the spacious boot, Jimin moved around to the side of the car and opened the driver's door.

Where the hell was Yoongi?

~*~

Jungkook and Eunha sat in utter silence after Jimin, Seokmin and Mina departed. Though the staircase was silent and uneventful, Jungkook didn't dare attempt any conversation, instead lifting his head to regularly check the window. Come on Jaehyun, where are you?

After an extensive three minutes, the window squeaked open and a body jumped through, crashing onto the ground in a heap. Jungkook and Eunha flinched to their feet, ready to run before they recognised the figure who was picking herself up.

"Y-Yuju?" Jungkook spluttered. Yuju paused at the voice and her eyes widened.

"Jungkook-ah! You're really here?!" She nearly yelled before Eunha reached out to clamp a hand over her mouth. Jungkook's brows furrowed.

"What about Jaehyun?" He asked, peeking into the window just in time to see a figure zooming towards him.

"Close the window behind me!" Jaehyun yelled as he leaped through the window with perfect poise, landing in a somersault to cushion his fall. Jungkook barely had time to think, reaching into the room to pull the window shut before grabbing Yuju and dragging her down to the ground in one fluid motion.

All four of them pressed themselves against the wall and held their breaths, Jaehyun covering his mouth with his hand as he tried to bring some oxygen into his lungs. The sound of stomping and growling could be heard as soon as they dropped. Jungkook's eyes were wide as he looked at his friend. Had he held off that horde by himself to give Yuju time to get through the window?

When it seemed as though Jaehyun could breathe normally now, Jungkook kicked into gear. Their spot was easily visible from the window, it would only take one zombie to spot them through it to send all of them attacking the gap in the wall. Crawling forward, he gestured for the others to follow his lead as he made his way to the fire escape.