013

Not even four seconds after Jimin had read the text, a loud bang came from the workshop. Cursing repeatedly in his head, Jimin hurried to pocket his phone and grasped Yerim's wrist as the resonance of growling and snuffling began to get louder in his ears.

The sound of a stampede coming from both upstairs and downstairs led Jimin to yank Yerim into the first floor corridor, bypassing the zombie that had run into the now empty workshop. When Yerim caught sight of it she cried out again, catching its attention as it sped to catch them.

"Pull yourself together, or we'll both die!" Jimin called without looking over his shoulder as he continued dragging her.

"But...!" Yerim's voice died out as Jimin sped up the pace and zoomed out of the other corridor entrance, stopping. There was a rush of zombies making their way up the stairs and another group were fast approaching from the corridor. Swallowing, Jimin tugged Yerim forward and slung her arms over his shoulders, causing her to gasp as he started toward the stairs leading down.

"What are you doing?" The girl exclaimed, flustered and panicked by the sudden skinship.

"Wrap your legs around my waist already!" Jimin instructed as he started to kick down zombies that had reached them. Yerim made no arguments, choosing to shut her eyes obediently in fear. Appreciative of her stillness, Jimin kicked another zombie down, leading to others being knocked down in its wake, giving them a little room to breathe in front.

Sensing something, Jimin ducked, managing to dodge one zombie that had lunged at Yerim from behind, causing her to flinch and cling tighter to him. Glad to have his hands free, Jimin made use of the small gap available in between the staircases
to hop over the railing, flinching at an uncomfortable sensation before letting go in time before a head bashed onto the railing. When he landed, Jimin winced at the pain that bloomed in his shoulder. He hadn't grabbed the railing properly so his bone must have rubbed against his arm socket from the overstretch.

Refusing to pause for too long however, he ensured Yerim was secure on his back before bolting forward blindly in the clearest direction. It seemed to be the corridor leading to that fire escape he and Jungkook had gotten his friends from.

Huffing, Jimin begged whichever deity might have been listening to not let the place be full of zombies. His prayer seemed to be answered when they took a quick turn and burst into the office and it was empty. Spinning around, he closed the door on the horde that was approaching from the other end of the corridor. Realising that there was no lock, he began to drag the nearest object of furniture to the door while shaking Yerim off his back.

"See if you can find a way to escape!" He called as he hauled chairs onto the table, balking as firstly one thud, then another, then more began to knock on, more like bang against, the door. Soon the door began creaking open in spite of Jimin having piled as many movable objects as possible in front of it.

Frantically turning, he noted that Yerim was in the midst of climbing through the window and rushed to her, nudging her over the ledge where she fell and crumpled into a pile. Planting his palms on the window sill, Jimin winced at the pain in his shoulder and hauled his body lightly through the opening, reaching through to pull the window shut just as the door burst open and the horde started pushing and climbing over the furniture.

Jimin pulled Yerim to her feet, taking off once she was upright. They made their way out of the fire escape and Jimin didn't stop once, not even as Yerim stumbled and tripped over herself trying to keep up, or as the ache in his shoulder began to throb. He just kept his eye on the gate that they were rapidly approaching and focused on keeping one leg moving in front of the other.

When they reached the gate, Jimin bent onto one knee and patted it for Yerim to step on. It wasn't as good as using his hands but the pain was beginning to catch up to him now and he needed his arm to lift himself over; he definitely wouldn't be able to use his arm more than once as it was now. When Yerim had balanced herself on the wall next to the gate, Jimin exhaled a few times before jumping up and hoisting himself over the wall. When he realised that Yerim had not come down yet, he turned to look up at her.