007

Jimin seated himself in the passenger seat. He needed to calm down. He shouldn't even be here. He should be somewhere safe, indoors, waiting for it to be announced that the military had handled the situation or that the government had come up with a plan.

He shouldn't have been sitting in one of the coolest cars he had ever laid eyes on, taking part in a rescue mission that could lead to his and others' deaths. Ah, seriously! What kind of situation am I in right now? He clutched his head in silent despair. Before Yoongi started the engine, he rested his hands on the wheel.

"So how are we going to do this? You're not planning on just going in on this blind are you? 'Cause you'll most likely die from that." He said bluntly. Jimin said nothing, waiting for Jungkook to speak.

"There's a couple of back entrances that are less populated than the ones on the main street. One in particular isn't used very often because it practically starts from a dead end. It's such a long winding path up a hill and the pavement is really uneven due to the huge tree roots that grew too big. Really, it's more of a fire escape than an entrance." Jungkook began.

"It's early September, so the trees have a lot of leaves still. If we could get to that grove, then we'd have a place to hide the car while we get the others."

"If it's such a long path doesn't that mean that we'll be in the open for much longer? I've seen how fast those things can run, Kookie. They're at least as fast an average young man." Jimin winced at the memory of the events that had only taken place earlier that day. Yoongi was quiet.

"Let me ask you a couple of questions so that we can have a better plan. What's the nearest building that this path leads to? Will you need to cross the school campus in order to reach the building your friends are in? Once you get to the building, how will you get in and out without being noticed by the zombies that are in the school?" He finally asked.

"That path is closest to the woodwork workshops, which are behind the gym. It's a really quick run from the workshops to the back of the gym." Jungkook leaned back in his seat and cocked his head to look out of the window at Jin's car and what he supposed was the car that brought Jimin to Yoongi's place.

"I was only ever in the workshop during freshman year so I'm not entirely sure but from the times I've been to the office, there is a window in that room that faces the fire stairwell. They put it in because students were smoking in the building and stuff there." Jimin shut his eyes. That was quite the distance they would have to travel. Why was Jungkook's school so freaking big?

Nodding, Yoongi started the engine and they were off, moving down the side streets Jin had traversed through when they had made their way to his apartment. The Wrangler purred as they cruised to Jungkook's school, taking long and winding back streets as they went.

"Call them." Jimin instructed. Nodding, Jungkook took out his phone and called Mingyu's number again. The line rang once before Jaehyun picked up.

"Hello?" The whisper was even quieter than before and Jungkook felt his hackles rise when he heard a faint thudding in the background.

"I'm so sorry, the phone rang didn't it?" He immediately apologised. Jaehyun let out a shaky exhale, almost a laugh even.

"Yeah. What... what happened?"

"Jae, we're coming to get you." Jungkook knew his lips had lifted at the thought of getting his friends out.

"Are you nuts?!" Jaehyun's voice rose for the first time before he hushed himself. He continued.

"Exactly how are you going to 'get us', hm? This place is crawling with those things and I don't doubt that they're outside as well." Jaehyun was beginning to sound hysterical, as though the hopelessness of the situation had really dawned on him.