002

Hoseok swung his legs as he waited on the stone bench. Exactly where was Jimin? The two of them had been elected to represent the Arts branch of Korea University in the SKY annual student conference but why was he sitting here alone? Neither he nor Jimin had ever explored the Seoul National campus, and Hoseok didn't want to go around by himself.

"Hyung!" The shout made him look over his shoulder, after all, he was a hyung to many. Running towards him with a really, really good-looking guy in tow, was Park Jimin. The pair skidded to a halt behind the bench, holding onto the concrete backrest as they aspired to catch their breath.

"I'm sorry for being late hyung, are you mad?" Jimin managed to pant out, looking at Hoseok from under his fringe. The older man blinked at the pair. Who was this new guy?

"Who are you?" Hoseok blurted out before he could cross check his words. Jimin looked over to the man beside him. The new guy straightened as he got ready to be introduced, he soft brown hair falling straight over his forehead, swishing with each movement.

His wide shoulders hinted at an impressive physique underneath his oversized denim jacket and the musical instrument case he carried in one hand paired alone with the camera bag that was slung over his shoulder gave him an air of artistic elegance.

"This is Kim Taehyung. I crashed into him when I came here and it just so happened that we were born in the same year. He's in the jazz band that'll be playing some entertainment after the conference ends so he said he'd take us to the right place before the event began." Jimin stated.

Hoseok just nodded as he took the information in. Jimin's ability to befriend people had never escaped his notice but he had never realised just how good the underclassman was at handling people. Taehyung bowed a little, somewhat intimidated hy Hoseok's unchanging expression.

"Nice to meet you, Hoseok sunbaenim. Jiminie told me you were an awesome sunbae, so I hope we get along well." He said. Hoseok's face broke out into a grin at the term of endearment used for Jimin.

"Well, if Jimin likes you so much, I think I'll like you too! Let's get along, Taehyung-ah!" Hoseok greeted cheerily. Taehyung beamed at him and began leading the two Korea University students through the Seoul National campus.

"Ah! Our chairwoman said that if any of us encountered one of the reps from KU or Yonsei, we should guide them to the sign in desk, so I'll take you guys there first and then we can grab something to eat." Taehyung remembered. Jimin placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Sounds like a plan." He confirmed, smile never leaving his face. Taehyung beamed back and changed direction, leading them into a building just in front of the front gates of the campus. Walking in Hoseok and Jimin eyed the reception with impressed eyes. KU wasn't anything to sneeze at, but SNU really didn't hold back in terms of aesthetic.

Using light steps so as not to skid the floor with the bottoms of their boots, the two KU students waited beside Taehyung behind a tall man who was currently signing in. Just as the man stood up , now finished, his elbow which had been resting on the large white counter top, knocked an information display to the ground, causing all the leaflets and pamphlets inside to scatter around the desk.

Bending down immediately, the three young men got to work grabbing the pieces of laminated card and paper from the floor, helping the young man amend the situation. Hoseok lifted his head and made eye contact with the young man and paused, leaflets clutched in his hand.

"Namjoon?"

~*~

Jin and Yoongi were silent as Jungkook broke down in the backseat of Jin's little Hyundai, giving the boy time to mourn the life he had known, and to grieve for the loss of his friends, as they too took the opportunity to adjust to the thought of the new reality that had crashed over them. After a while, Yoongi finally sighed and turned around.