010

Yoongi weighed his options. Right now, it was one on one, him versus that zombie in the hallway.

1) He could try running, but the zombies had crazy speed and he was weighed down by the materials in his backpack, so that was a no-go.
2) He could try to fight and overpower it then run away, but the fact that he'd have to dodge it's mouth and and its hands as well as the noise they would make in their scuffle would definitely attract more zombies over.

Damn it, I'm stuck! He internally groaned, leaning his head back. Just then, his pocket vibrated, startling him. Pulling his phone out, Yoongi felt a breath of hope fill his lungs at the text message Jimin sent.

Where are you? We're coming to get you.

~*~

Jin flinched backwards, eyes fixed on the tip of the axe blade as his hands shot up. W-what was going on? Wait, where was-?

"T-Taehyung-ah? Are you okay?" He called, eyes never leaving the possible murder weapon in front of his face. Taehyung had to have come in before him, where was he? The blade was suddenly wrenched away from his face and Jin felt his legs quiver, giving way. When he finally gained the nerve to look up, he saw Taehyung hold the wrist of the person who had threatened him with the axe.

"What are you doing? He came with me and this is how you treat him? He's a friend of Yoongi-hyung!" He berated them. Jin took the chance to look around. The space they were in seemed to be a corridor leading to a doorway with a few steps that led to an even bigger room that he couldn't see from where he sat on the floor.

A hand popped up in front of his face and Jin flinched before realising it was Taehyung. Grasping it, the teacher allowed himself to be pulled up to his feet. Glancing around, Jin was surprised by the number of people present in the space, there were at least twenty people, many of which were children, huddled along the corridor. The building hadn't looked so big when they parked next to it. As if reading his mind, Taehyung explained.

"Baekhyunie hyung owns this music store while his older brother, Byunhyunie hyung, owns the smithy next door. They broke down the wall between their shops and share the space in the back." He said, pointing to two men who Jin could see were definitely brothers. Nodding his head in a polite bow, Jin breathed a sigh of relief. So they hadn't come to a music shop for no reason.

"Hey, I'm sorry for pointing the axe you. Tae-ya just came in asking if everyone was okay and if he could get some materials for boarding up doors and windows. We didn't realise he had brought someone with him." Baekhyun apologised, waving his axe sheepishly. Jin managed to give him a small smile, his heart finally beginning to settle.

"It's fine, you had every right to be cautious, it's chaos out there." He replied. Baekhyun grinned at him and Jin had the immediate thought that perhaps Taehyung was related to these brothers too. Taehyung patted Jin's shoulder and gestured with his head. The two made their way down the corridor, with Baekhyun following behind, axe no longer in his hand.

"Ya ya, why didn't you come through the back entrance?" Baekhyun asked, a tinge of his accent breaking through the standard Seoul dialect. An indicator, perhaps, that he was a little disturbed still by the presence of the two young men. Taehyung looked over his shoulder.

"I wanted to get in as quickly as possible. The back door is loud and creaky as hell and I don't know if Jin hyung can climb fences." He reasoned shortly. Baekhyun gaped at his retreating figure before he shook his head. Falling in step with Jin, Baekhyun tilted his head to the side.

"Why didn't you stay indoors? The government said nobody should go outside till they handle it." He asked. Jin was quiet for a short while.

"The outbreak started at a school near where I work. Yoongi and I had met up at a convenience store and this horde of zombies just...descended down the street. One of the students from that school had been in the store with us. Hi-his friends had been among those infected. Of all the people that had been around, Yoongi and I managed to save him. Only him." He stated softly. Baekhyun flinched beside him while Taehyung's steps in front of them slowed. Jin continued.

"When we got to safety this boy just broke down. Understandably so, he thought the people he cared about had died. Then he found out that some of his friends had managed to hide. Sadly, though they managed to hide, they weren't safe."

"So what happened?" Baekhyun asked, rapt.

"He went to get them. Yoongi hyung and this guy I met today went with him." Taehyung spoke up as he came to a halt at the very back of the large space, which Jin had realised was a workshop. Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"Yoongi did? As in Min Yoongi? The guy who doesn't come out ever unless he's being paid or needs new gear?" He shook his head, incredulous.

"Okay, so if that's the case, why are you two out and about if you have a safe place to stay? What are you doing?" He questioned, ruffling his hair as his eyes followed Taehyung.

"Our safe spot is Yoongi's apartment and he's got limited space. We thought it wouldn't be viable to have so many people in there so we're planning on going to one of those underground raid shelters." Taehyung explained as he began to pick up planks of wood and gently test their durability. This statement caught the attention of everyone present and all the adults looked at them in shock. Jin decided to jump in.

"We learned from the people that came with Taehyung that the zombies are sensitive to sound and have some sort of cognitive capability, such as grabbing handles. We thought going to the shelters, which are underground, would be best. We're gathering materials so that we can board up doors and create sliding doors instead of doors with handles." He explained. Baekhyun and Byunhyun gaped at them.

"You guys are really risking your lives to get some strangers to the shelters?" Byunhyun asked. Taehyung nodded.

"Just like how you probably got as many people in here as possible when things went crazy right?" He answered. Baekhyun cast his eyes over to the group of people he and his brother had herded in from the street. It was an elementary group of children who had been out on a day trip with their teacher and some supervisors. There had been more adults but...

Grasping his brother's arm, Baekhyun pulled Byunhyun to the side, swallowing from hesitation. Though they had space and soundproofing to prevent anyone from coming to hunt them down, they had a lot of people with them and not enough food to keep them going if they really were placed in a lockdown.

"We should go to the shelters too. They're supposed to be stocked with food, and if we can move around more freely, then the kids won't be as scared." He murmured. Byunhyun  blinked at him. Glancing briefly between the group in the corner and the pair of young men rummaging through their scrap pile, Byunhyun took a breath before nodding his head. He could see where his younger brother was coming from.

The school bus that they had rescued the class from was still in the street near the stores. The Byun brothers had yanked the back doors open to get the class out when the zombies had attacked through the side entrance. It was risky with a group so large, but that was all the more reason to get them somewhere with relatively more safety. If they could just get the kids in there safely and seal the doors from within they could get going.

"Taehyung-ah, which shelter are you planning to go to?" Taehyung and Jin looked over at the question, with Jin pulling out his phone to check.

"Namjoon and Hoseok said that Seocho seemed clear, and that we should come through the car park." Jin informed them. Nodding, Baekhyun walked over to a row of wide drawers, taking out multiple large A2 sheets of card.

"What are you doing, hyung?" Taehyung asked, watching him with bemusement. Baekhyun continued moving, grabbing double sided sticky tape and applying some to the sides of the sheets, his fingers moving deftly.

"What else? I'm making something to black out the windows of the school bus with." He answered. When he felt Taehyung and Jin's eyes continue to blink holes into his sides, he finally paused and looked up.

"We're coming too. To Seocho station's shelter."