033

Hoseok peeked out of the tunnel. With the swarm of zombies on the road, they had decided to take the scenic route and found an underground pathway that crossed over to the other side of the road. Luckily there were none in the tunnel so they had made it through unnoticed.

The cluster of sporting and athletics stores were only a short jog away from the tunnel, and the pair made their way to the Decathlon as quickly as they could. The store had been left abandoned and unlocked and there was no evidence that anyone had been inside since it was cleared.

Still, Hoseok opened the door warily, keeping his ears peeled for any sound of movement. The motion sensored overhead lights blinked to life, causing both Hoseok and Taehyung to freeze. The entrance to the store was made entirely of glass, with the shutter completely hidden from view. With the sun beginning to set, it wouldn't be long until the light from the store revealed that there was clearly someone inside.

Taehyung patted Hoseok's shoulder and pointed upwards. There was a sign inidcating that camping equipment was to the back of the store. Nodding at him, the pair took off, Hoseok sending the street beyond the entrance a careful look as he went. There was something...it just felt off.

The pair were able to find inflatable beds and sleeping bags as well as other camping equipment relatively quickly, and began stacking the boxes that they came in onto the ground. Leaving Taehyung to continue, Hoseok prowled around the store, looking for something they could use to carry everything back.

Since everything came in a box, just putting them in a carrier bag would create way too much noise when they moved. A trolley might make moving a little easier but it would definitely draw attention. So the only option was to pad each box; that way, even when they rubbed against each other, the sound would be quieter.

Finally reaching the cashier counter, he strode behind it and bent down to find bags. Finding some large fabric bags, he also grabbed some medium sized ones and made his way back. They planned to pack all the bags now and bring them closer to the entrance so that the pick up easier. With how heavy these packs were, they would need to be more efficient if they wanted to be out of there before the sun fully disappeared.

They made quick work of their tasks, working surprisingly well in tandem considering how unfamiliar they had been with one another just a few weeks prior. Dragging the last of the bags to the space just off of the entrance, Hoseok released a soft breath. This was definitely going to be a workout.

Nodding at Taehyung, each young man grabbed one bag full of inflatable beds and another full of sleeping bags, lanterns and torches, and set off, Hoseok telling himself that they didn't have time to worry about his feelings. They would just have to deal with whatever came as it came.

He hoped it wouldn't come down to that.

~*~

"Oh my god." The words left Jungkook's mouth almost entirely on their own. It was only when Eunwoo slapped a hand over his mouth and pushed him out of direct sight of the store entrance that Jungkook recalled where they were. Not in their safe and secure terminal but a store that was as easily accessible to the zombies as it had been for themselves.

Mouthing an apology to Eunwoo, he turned to face the exciting problem at hand. In front of what was probably a door leading to a staff only area were two young boys, around Yujin's age, brandishing metal clothes rail poles, eyes terrified but grips firm. They stood steady, their knuckles white but their bodies and clothes visibly unmarred.

Uninfected.

"Are you...survivors?" Jungkook whispered, barely able to hear anything above the hammering of his heart in his ears. The boys flinched backwards, their breaths heaving as they eyed the group.