034

Things were going well. Since their group had landed at the supermarket complex, they had made good and quick work of gathering food supplies and necessary utensils like matches, can openers and the like.

Jimin, Baekhyun, Yugyeom, Seokmin, Eunha and Jaehyun had settled into a good rhythm immediately after departing from the minibus Seulgi had parked behind one of the supermarkets and the minibus' storage compartment was really beginning to fill up with bags of non perishable foods, dry snacks and even candles and matches.

Eunha had brought some of the backpacks that the group who came from Yoongi's apartment had brought with them and was stuffing them up with as many medicinal and health products as possible while Seokmin, her partner, hauled bigger items like whole boxes of medicine. Seulgi had sat in wonder as the girl left and returned at an incredible speed.

Two backpacks full of pain killers, one backpack of vitamins, one backpack of reusable (wow) feminine hygiene products, one full of soaps and sanitisers, one full of first aid supplies and then one simply stocked with disinfectants.

These she brought directly into the minibus, smiling sagely at Seulgi before making her way back out to help the others who were hauling bigger packages. No doubt she was bringing in the items that they had forgotten to think about.

As the young woman made her way down the alley that connected the back of the supermarket to the back door, something brushed past her mind and her senses spiked, causing her to shiver.

Eunha looked around herself carefully, ears at attention as she continued to make her way back into the supermarket. In the rapidly dimming light of the day, the shadows stretched along the pathway and she had to take a breath, speeding up.

Entering the main body of the supermarket from the staff only entrance at the back, she noted the silence. Seokmin must have gone to another store to help out the others.

Everyone had started off at different stores and she and Seokmin had been assigned with the store they had parked behind so that someone was close to Seulgi, but it had been a drug and health store, and he had already taken as much as he could from the store.

In the stillness, Eunha's discomfort didn't dissipate. In fact, the eeriness of it all made it a little worse. Spinning on her heel, she went to find the light control pane. Hoping she wasn't just being silly, she found the switch controlling the light at the back of the supermarket that would turn on once it got dark enough and turned it off.

It would make the alley more creepy but better that than draw attention. She debated turning off the lights in the main shop but decided against that. The lights suddenly going off in the main store would probably attract the notice of the very beings she would very much like to avoid.

Even with this action, her heart felt unsettled, so she found the door once more, giving the illuminated store a careful scan from her vantage point in the staff only area and returned to Seulgi in the minibus.

Grabbing the older woman's hand, she silently requested that Seulgi close the minibus door. When it was shut, Seulgi sent her a confused look but paused when she saw Eunha rubbing her forearms and looking at the sky through the windshield. It had gotten a lot darker in the time Eunha had left and come back.

"I think it's going to rain." Eunha murmured.

~*~

Jimin was satisfied that they might be done and gone long before the sun set. He was partnered with Yugyeom this time around and they had made quick work of getting as many boxes of non perishable foods in their allocated supermarket as possible.