005

They had only been driving for a few minutes after Jimin's call to Jungkook when the car knocked into something, causing the vehicle to lean extremely far forward before settling on all four wheels again, with all four young men lifting off their seats before bumping back down.

"What was that?" Namjoon asked as he and Jimin peered around Taehyung and Hoseok, attempting to see the cause of their halt. The two in the front were silent as they glanced over the dashboard, flinching at the sight before them. Taehyung and Hoseok pressed themselves back into their seats, as though they were trying to avoid being seen by something.

"Stop trying to see, get down." Taehyung growled, slowly prying Jimin's fingers off his seat. The blonde looked at the back of his head in confusion. What was going on? Hoseok was shakily reaching to the control panel on the armrest of his door.

Pressing the button that locked all the doors, Hoseok winced at the loud clicking sound, knowing that the lights on the outside of the vehicle had likely flashed as well. The car suddenly started rocking and it didn't take long to see why.

The road must have been littered with fallen bodies or zombies that had been moving around on side streets that they hadn't noticed as they had been driving. The car running over one of them most certainly alerted everything that moved in the area of the presence of people and the car was stampeded as they creatures outside attempted to attack the young men inside.

They crashed their heads and arms against the windows as they sought to reach the very much alive people within the vehicle. Hoseok was clenching the wheel with white knuckles as he looked at the onslaught in terror. With the car surrounded, he wasn't certain of how they could get out of this.

Namjoon watched the creatures with panic as they grabbed blindly at the car, some of them successfully getting a hold of the door handles, but failing to open them because the car was locked. They still had some form of cognitive capability. Weren't zombies supposed to be totally brain dead? With the frequent bashing, Jimin knew the car wasn't going to hold up.

"Hyung! We have to get out of here somehow! If we stay here, they'll break the glass like they did at the cafe!" He yelled, hoping to push Hoseok into action. His words fell on deaf and terrified ears as Hoseok tried not to faint on the spot. So much blood...

When Taehyung saw the first crack in the window of his door, he snapped into motion. Reaching a long leg over, he applied pressure over Hoseok's foot, forcing the car to move forward through the curtain of bodies surrounding it and dragging Hoseok out of his trance. Applying more pressure to the accelerator, Hoseok shut his eyes as he ran over many of the zombies, many of the creatures that had once been people, fathers, sisters, friends.

With a single tear leaking out of his eye in grief for the lives lost, Hoseok gritted his teeth before roughly jerked the car from side to side, earning him surprised grunts from the others, but effectively freeing the vehicle from the clutches of the zombie mass as he sped down the road.

Jimin, Namjoon and Taehyung panted, hearts still beating fast from the encounter. Returning his leg to its original position, Taehyung swallowed when he noticed Hoseok's tear and he stared in the rear view mirror at the fast disappearing group of undead creatures before setting his eyes on the road in front of them.

"Tu-turn left."

~*~

Jungkook stood under the beam of the shower for what felt like ages. He had held off from taking one once he had gotten the call from Jimin, but nearly an hour had passed and they had gotten no word from Jimin or Yoongi's friend Taehyung, so Yoongi had practically thrown him in there while Jin exchanged his clothes for some loungewear.