021

Yoongi pressed his lips together. Jin hadn't come in with everyone else so he had gone back out to check on his friend. Damn it, I heard the whole thing. He grimaced to himself. Softening his gaze, Yoongi sighed, leaving just as Jin was thanking Joohyun.

He made his way back to the building, entering just in time to hear Jungkook and his friends quizzing Eunwoo and Yugyeom. The pair were stationed on the two seats of one of the four seater tables that had pushed together for bedding the night before while their friends crowded on top of the tabletops.

"How did you even end up at S Girls'?" Jaehyun asked, bewildered that there of all places had been where their friends had found safety.

"We were looking for Jungkook and figured that if he wasn't in the cafeteria already then he had definitely left school to get lunch again." Yugyeom began. Jin, who had just made his way indoors with Joohyun in tow, sent Jungkook a sharp look upon hearing this.

So his appearance in that store was a regular thing, huh? Jungkook felt a small bead of sheepish sweat form on his forehead as he kept his eyes focused on his friends. Eunwoo caught Jin's glance and breathed out a laugh. Guess Kookie got caught this time.

"So, we snuck out too. While we were out, all hell broke loose, and it was coming from our school. There were... a lot of underclassmen from the martial arts clubs." Silence fell over the group of students.

Jungkook knew, deep within himself, that this would have been the case. The athletic students were all huge fans of meat. They surely would have hurried over for the burgers. They surely would have been the first. The students from S Girls looked over at them sadly. They too had been unfortunate enough to see their own friends turned into those zombies.

"That whole horde gave chase, so we ran away. That's when Joohyun noona-"

"Why do you keep calling her noona? Isn't she a teacher?" Mina asked, shaking her head disapprovingly from the repeated use of the word.

"Eh, she's only a few years older than us, and she said it was fine since she's not our teacher." Yugyeom shrugged, rolling his eyes at her, to which she tutted at him. Jungkook grinned. Yugyeom, Bambam and Mina had always been like siblings, always bickering. His thoughts sombered at the thought of Bambam. Yugyeom cast his eyes away and swallowed shallowly, a similar thought in his mind.

"Anyways," he proceeded after clearing his throat, "she saw us running past the gates and told us to climb over the fence so that we could get to her at the fire escape. When we reached her, she let us in through a window and then took us to a room to the side."

"Turned out it was a tuck shop. It wasn't their lunch period yet so the shutter was down; noona told us to wait." Eunwoo said, leaning back on the table. Joohyun seated herself beside Jin on a table.

"Initially I had planned on letting them wait in the tuck shop until the horde was gone and then calling the police or something. It's an all girls school, so there would quite a mess if two high school boys were suddenly spotted on the premises." She recalled. Eunwoo nodded.

"So we were just sitting in there all freaked out- because what the hell had just happened?- but then there was a commotion outside. Screaming and stuff. Then it went as crazy inside the school as it had been outside. No idea how the outbreak happened there though."

"I can tell you what happened." They all turned to Wonyoung who had raised her hand nervously. She was sitting with the other girls from her school at a separate set of tables from Jungkook's friends. Sitting quietly at attention, everyone save for the young school children waited for her to gather her nerve. Blinking at Jin and Joohyun for permission, which she received with curious nods, she took a small breath.