003

"What're you guys doing?" Jin asked the pair as he made his way through side streets to get to Seoul National. He didn't want to risk encountering another mob, so they were going the long way round, much to the apparent agitation of the boy in his backseat.

"I know someone who goes to SNU. We grew up together- maybe he can get the word out." Yoongi's fingers typed in the number from memory, too lazy to look for the call icon app amidst the many music apps, games and news apps on the device.

"I know someone who's attending the student conference at the university today, so I'm going to try to let him know." Jungkook murmured as he browsed through his phone for the call icon. Why did he have so many freaking games on his phone and why did he think it would be fun to arrange all of his apps in alphabetical order?

Just as he found the call icon and was going to his favourites so that he could speed dial, Yoongi's call went through and he left the device on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Taehyung-ah, it's me."

"I know it's you, I have your number saved, hyung."

"Anyway, where are you Tae? Are you alone?"

"Where else would I be? I'm on campus. The band's playing for the conference attendees today, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, are you alone?"

"No, I met some guys from KU and Yonsei and we're going to that cafe down the street that you like to grab something to eat before the conference starts." Yoongi rolled his eyes. Taehyung was so freaking friendly. He could encounter a mobster and befriend them. If this kid wasn't nominated for Student Union President by the end of the year, Yoongi would scream insurgency.

"Okay, and, um, have you seen anything strange at all today?"

"I mean, not anymore than usual...Yoongi hyung, what's going on? You don't sound like yourself."

"It's nothing, I just witnessed something that freaked me out." There was a pause on the line and Yoongi was nearly certain that Taehyung was making that face where he pulled his eyebrows together as he tried to figure something out. Eventually, his voice reached out over the line.

"Wae? Hyung, what happened? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. If nothing's wrong over there then just carry on. Tell me about your new friends later, okay?" Yoongi brushed off his concern.

Tuning out of his conversation, Jungkook pressed call on his device, too impatient to wait for the older man to finish his call. The call picked up after two rings.

"Kookie?"

"Hey, hyung. Are you at SNU?"

"Yeah, I'm with Hoseok hyung, this guy called Taehyung and the Student Union President of Yonsei, Kim Namjoon. Why are you calling me right now? Aren't you supposed to be having club activities or something?" Jimin's suspicious tone went ignored as the name caused Jungkook's ears to perk.

"Taehyung? Is he on the phone right now? To some guy called Yoongi?"

"...yeah. How did you know?"

"I'm with him and another teacher from one of the high schools in my district. Are you guys safe?"

"Hm? Why wouldn't we be? Yah, don't change the subject! Why are you with Taehyung's friend? Aren't you in school?" Jungkook paused, unsure of how to break the situation down to his friend.