1. INTRODUCTION

Friend or Enemies

Dear diary,

Today is January 28 1996. I moved to Japan today. It's so beautiful but still I wanted to stay in England. I miss my friends. I don't want to admit it but I miss that weirdo the most. Mum and dad want me to make friends but I don't want to. I can barely speak Japanese properly. Our house is beautiful too. It's spacious, has a lot of beautiful items. That's all I want to say for today. Bye diary~

I closed the diary and headed downstairs to help my parents prepare.

"Mum, dad do you need any help?" I asked eagerly.

"Hikari just go out and have fun." He replied gently.

I didn't like it so I returned to my new room instead. It was spacious since I didn't like spending money and we'd just moved country. We hadn't brought many things. The only things it had was: a bed, a cupboard which had some clothes, a study table which had a computer and a few mangas. I really enjoyed reading mangas and hacking. My dad was a computer genius so ever since I was younger he always taught me to hack and find information while I also got my mum's help in other subjects. She was a FBI but after she took Kai and I, in as her children, she had to retire as it wasn't safe for her anymore. Dad used to assist her so he too wasn't safe there. That's why we had to move to a different country. (Just re-read it and realised I need to fix a lot of these since I had change in plans as to how the story goes 😅😅.)

A few days later they found new jobs. Mum was an English teacher and my dad was working for god knows who, well I do know who. Dad was usually out of country from then on. For a few days I didn't go out at all since it was holidays for schools and I didn't have anyone to talk to. In England we don't exactly talk to our neighbors so I wasn't sure whether I should go visit the our new neighbors or not.

*Ding* *Dong* I decided to go visit our new neighbors with my mum. We first went to the neighbors who lived on the left of our house but they didn't open the door. We were the corner house so we didn't go and visit the people right to us for which we had to cross the road. The people who lived left to us were very, very busy people. In fact they were never home. I'd only see them once in 2 days. Even if it was only a week since we properly moved in it wasn't hard to find the pattern.

We then went to visit the neighbors across from us. Their last name was Yagami. I realised immediately the name backwards was 'Imagay' and snickered, but soon tried becoming stoic again.

*Ding* *Dong*

*Clack*

They opened the door. As soon as the door opened the smell of delicious food entered my nose. I heard the familial bond they shared. It automatically made me miss dad who had went on a business trip as soon as we arrived. The door was opened by a beautiful lady. She had deep brown black hair which was cut in a neat bob cut. Her eyes were warm. Even a ten year old me could tell she was a very kind person.

"Hello." I say as I bow deep to my waist. Mum does the same just a little higher.

"I apologize it took us so long to introduce ourselves. We just moved in the house across." Mum apologizes.

" It's great to meet you. My name is Sachiko Yagami. And this is my husband Soichiro Yagami." She replies with words filled with sincerity while her husband came to the door to talk to us. For some reason I felt that Mr. Yagami had a look in his eyes felt like

"My name is Sara Tanaka. Please take care of us."

"It's great to meet you too Mrs. Yagami. My name is Hikari Tanaka." I reply. His eyes made me miss dad so much that I couldn't stop looking at his eyes.

"You know my son's name is Light and yours is Hikari." He said and I was just stunned. 'That's another unique name after that weirdo's." I thought.

He bent his knees to reach my height. He kept looking into my eyes that made me say what I was thinking.

"Mr. Yagami you remind me of dad."

"Do I?" he chuckled:

"Yes. He too looks tough from the outside but when you look in his eyes you'll see the slight gentleness. Even though he mostly shows it to that weirdo." I complained.

"It seems you have some rival to beat..." he laughed. He is so sweet was all I thought at that point.

"Why don't you ever call him by his name?" Mum questioned.

"Eh. I'm not supposed to any way." I shrugged.

Mum rolled her eyes and went back to talking to the Yagamis.

"Right. We'd like to invite you to dinner if you're free tonight?"

Mr.Yagami looked into my eyes and replied. "Sure. We'll definitely come."

Suddenly a really cute looking kid ran outside. He seemed shy. Then I realised there was a cuter girl hiding behind her brother.

"Light! Don't run in the house!" She yelled at him. That poor kid. She then returned to talking politely to us. (What a change~)

"I'm sorry to show you such a side of me." She apologizes.

"It's fine. I sympathize with you. It's the same with Hikari." The mothers gossip had started from the first time they met.

"Hello, My name is Light Yagami."