65. THE LETTER✉️

"Huh?" All three of them questioned.

"Oh you acted weird when you heard my name and looked up so I thought to joke about a different name above my head...but I guess it wasn't that funny. I apologise." I said awkwardly. L wasn't convinced, and neither was Light but they knew I will not answer them. Not now at least. For a while there was an awkward silence until L made a very creepy face, even to me it looked slightly creepy and I rarely find him creepy, well his face at least. He laughed a little.

"Light, I'm jealous."

'Oh...that's what's going on. Creep. Could've warned me.'

"I've been a huge fan of yours since the August issue of 'Eighteen'." L added.

"Yea, ever since we met again he hasn't shut up about you." I sighed. Obviously that was a lie.

Misa and Light looked so surprised.

"What really???? I'm so HAPPY!!!" She squealed in her extremely high pitched voice. More people were attracted towards us because of the young celebrity, by that I meant even more than the crowd around Light. That shows just how popular she was. Everyone was going 'Misa-Misa'. Damn. I pushed out of the crowd when I heard a squeal from the blonde.

"Hey! Who touched my butt?" I looked at L who for once looked actually scared. I had no intention of helping him out. He looked so awkward. I could've sworn, he was thinking of jumping off a cliff.

"How disgraceful! I won't forgive anyone who would take advantage of this situation. I'll find the culprit." I laughed and so did Misa and everyone else followed.

"Ryuga you're so funny!" L scratched his neck and smiled. He looked embarrassed.

Out of no where Misa's manager popped up.

'Here comes our reason to take Misa into custody.'

"Misa! It's time! Are you planning on being late again?!" She asked harshly pulling Misa to her.

"Oh Sorry Yoshi." Misa apologised.

"Let's go!" Yoshi said and pulled Misa along.

"Oh Yeah," Light seemed to be deep in thought.

"See you after work Light!" She waved to him.

"Okay shall we go then Light, Kari?" L asked.

"Yeah." I replied and started walking but Light stood still and answered.

"Yeah, Sorry could you go on ahead? I need to use the restroom."

'He's gonna call Misa and get our names.' I watched from the corner of my eyes and nodded.

"I see...see you there." L mumbled and walked towards me.

"Why didn't you help?" He asked.

"How was I supposed to help in that situation?" I asked. He slightly pouted and looked in front.

A few seconds later Misa's phone started going off. L held it with 2 fingers with a weirdly satisfied grin. He picked up the phone and put it to his ear.

"Yes, hello?" He said, as if unaware of what he'd done and who it was from.

"What do you mean "hello"?" I heard Light ask from behind us.

"Ah this phone must've been dropped by someone in that commotion earlier." I tried so hard to keep a straight face, and actually succeeded

"Yeah...That's Misa's cell phone, so...I'll give it back to her."Light said.

'Sorry disappoint you but she's probably in custody right now.'

"I see, I understand." L said and closed the phone, ready to give it to Light. I waved to Light and walked behind L.