8.DEFEAT

"...If Kira is as smart as we think he is, he should be able to see through this easily. I don't think this'd help us in anyways unless Ryuzaki already has a suspect. That way we would be able to monitor the subject and see if he reacts weirdly in anyway. Who's your suspect Ryuzaki? And from what I've figured, Kira is one person not an organisation. Isn't that right? And he's someone from the police or somehow related to them." I said while looking towards him.

"That's right. He had access to all our classified information." L says.

"What evidence do you have that he's working alone?" Aizawa asked me.

"Hold on Aizawa let's listen to what they have to say before asking questions. Even though I don't know what to believe anymore seeing as to who I thought was an innocent child grew to be one of the best detective in the world." Said Soichiro to which I just scratched the back of my head sheepishly.

"We know he needs a name and a face to kill and to some extent he can control the victims time of death and actions before dying we already know that much. Please keep that in mind and listen carefully to what I have to say next. On December 14th 12 FBI members entered Japan here we are in December 19 using prison inmates Kira conducts experiments manipulating his victims actions before they die." L states.

I kind of zoned out throughout the conversation until I heard him mention the FBI agents deaths.

"It had to be someone who were under watch between the 14th and the 19th." I said.
"Why do you think that?" Asked Aizawa.

"Think about it December 19th to December 27 Kira has been the most active but these criminals were different than his normal victims-" I clarified but was cut off by L who added more info and explained to everyone what he thought and believed.

"These are files provided by the FBI and they contain additional information you might find useful for obvious reasons you're not permitted to take these out of this room but-" L was cut off by the overly enthusiastic Matsuda. Damn L looked annoyed.

"Amazing! There might only be 5 of us but with this much information we should be able to cover a lot of ground." Matsuda cheered.

"We'll split into 2 teams. One team traces the FBI agents, the other looks at the heart attack victims." Aizawa said in an overly energetic voice.

"There weren't that many people who had access to information from headquarters and of those the FBI only investigated a small group in the first 5 days." Matsuda said.

"Yeah, Yeah." Nodded Aizawa.

"So does anyone have any questions?" L asked.

"Hmmm?" Everyone looked confused.

"Actually Ryuzaki I do have a question for you and it pertains to what you said to us earlier about how you said you hate to lose. Does the fact that you've shown us your face mean that you've lost by just being here are you admitting defeat to Kira?" Asked Soichiro and I tried so hard to keep my stoic expression.

"That's right by showing our face to you now and by sacrificing the lives of 12 FBI agents I have lost the battle but I am not going to lose the war. This is the first time I've ever put my life on the line I want to show Kira that we're all willing to risk our lives if that's what it takes and that justice will prevail no matter what." L said a whole ass speech and I wanted to cringe so much but when he talked about putting his life on the line it gave me a big pang on the chest. I knew I never wanted to lose him and I always want to stay with him, and I love him, I always have but right now I needed an explanation for what happened with mum and dad and why they were killed.

Hearing that everyone cheered and I drank my tea not caring about what they say.
"But I need to make sure that none of you are Kira." L said.

"What me too?" I asked in a joking tone but I knew he wouldn't even consider me being Kira.

"If you were Kira, I would've died as soon as I got involved not to mention you wouldn't have fallen for Lind L Tailor thing and you also don't have the heart to kill your oldest and most precious friend." He emphasised 'precious'.

"Yea, yea whatever." I said unable to deny.

"What's the deal he still doesn't trust us?" Aizawa asked.

"No, I think it's a fair request." Soichiro justified L's actions as L starts to get up from his position. As Soichiro spoke again.

"Try and see it from his perspective. Kira's been getting information from our head quarters from the very beginning. So there's a good chance that he's one of us." Soichiro said.

'Awww I'm so proud of him.' I thought. I was very proud of him.

"Chief's right working this case has given us the chance to see him and V in person." Matsuda said while looking at L.

"He's risking his life to be here." Aizawa added.

"It's not just him who's risking his life. Your life is more in danger than him." I said and everyone turned to look at me.

"What? I'm just saying." I said as everyone was confused about what and why I'm saying that.

"As we all know Kira needs a name and a face to kill and even if Kira were to see L or me. He doesn't have our name but you are from the NPA, a lot of people are aware of your name. If Kira is as intelligent as we believe it won't be too hard for him to find your names whereas L and I, our real names aren't known by many. So we're pretty safe unless Kira gets some kind of superpower to just be able to kill by seeing our faces." I said to which they all nodded.