41. CLEAR HIS NAME

I was brought out of my thoughts by a nurse informing us the visiting hours were over. L, Light and I walked down to the car in complete silence, each of us immersed in our own thoughts. I got into the car first waving Light goodbye. L was about to get into the car when Light called out to him.

"Ryuga, is there any way that I can get you to believe that I'm not Kira?" Light asked. I listened carefully, wanting to hear the whole conversation.

"If you aren't Kira there wouldn't be any need to do that." L answered.

"Cut that out! Think about how it feels to be accused of being Kira." Light scolded. I'm not absolutely sure but I thought I saw a red glint in his eyes.

"It feels horrible." L answered.

"How about keeping watch over me in a place without TV or anything for a month?" Light asked. I was confused why he'd be willing to go that far to prove he isn't someone.

'If he isn't it'd be apparent to us anyways. (I did not realise that I actually remembered L's lines I thought it came from my brain and I was so proud for using the word 'apparent' until I watched the part after that. Turns out I just remember L's lines. LOL.)  There's no reason to be trying so hard. Anyway why would we take suggestions from a suspect? That just feels like an invitation to be fooled.'

"I can't do that, I can't do anything which would deprive you of basic human rights."

'Fucking liar. He'd do it without a second of thought if he wanted to.'

"And furthermore... It's nonsense to take suggestions from a suspect." He spoke what I was thinking.

"I see." Light seemed dejected but was he?

Watari opened the door for L as he got in.

"It's alright." L started. I buckled my seat belt waiting for their conversation to end so we can leave. I was super tired today. Light approached the car a little.

"If you aren't Kira it'll be apparent to us eventually. Also during the exchange of your father... I thought you might not be Kira. Well then take good care of your father." L said. I was a little taken aback by him saying 'I thought you might not be Kira' then processed that he actually said he was almost fooled but not anymore.

"Oh one more thing..."Light bent to be able to see L from outside the car.

"I said that I would cooperate with the investigation but I don't think I can do anything until my father is well again." Light said.

"I understand. Well then..." I waved at him and the car started moving. Light stood there for a few minutes as I saw form the rearview mirror but what I found unusual was his moving mouth.

"What was that?" I thought out loud making L give me that adorable curious look.

'Was he talking to someone? Was someone there?'

"It's nothing." I excused and looked out the window. Th city looked so peaceful. I got stuck in my thoughts again. I got of the car in complete silence. L and I made it back to our room and focused on our own tasks. I went searching for something on Raye but found nothing. Wanting a little break I went to our class group chat and looking through the tons of messages left to be seen and read. It was just 'spicy' gossip for a while before...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize to the authors I found annoying for ending chapters in cliffhanger, it's quite fun. Good luck readers. Please wait patiently for the next chapters.😁 It's also short so sorry about the length though...Wait what if I go on a long break from writing now. You probably already guessed it.