39. SOICHIRO THE BEST

"My father had...a heart attack."

Unconsciously I started sobbing. It became more and more violent as time passed. I was really worried for Soichiro, he was like my second father the most precious. Every time I was upset or wanted something but dad wasn't there, I'd go to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash Back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just why won't this stupid computer workkkkkkkkkk...I need to do workkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Fuck it."

"Watch your language child! Kari if it doesn't work just go and do something else outside. Go play with Light if anything." Mum scolded.

"But I don't want to. Light isn't here anyways. He's on a field trip and that was planned out before I came so now I can't join plus this damn case!" I screamed, this stupid case was really annoying me. I've already proven who it is but the police are being just plain idiotic and can't do a thing right. They had one job...catching the person L and I said.

"Get out! You're taking your anger out on me and I won't take care of you at this point!" She slapped me and pushed me outside.

I was super upset now and I went on a walk. It hadn't been too long after I had come to Japan. About 3 months. Me being me I barely went outside and explored the area so...I got lost. This place was completely deserted. I stood there for a few minutes waiting for someone to come who I can ask for help. I waited...

And waited...

And waited...

No one came. I decided to walk a little more to see if I can find myself somewhere familiar. I walked... and walked...

But didn't find anyone or any thing familiar. I walked some more, I could myself in front of the police station. That was only hope of returning home. I walked towards the police station doors.
It was a very hot day, so being hit by the cool of the fans was heaven when I entered. I walked up to the unfamiliar reception of the station.

"Hello." I said bowing a little. They seemed surprised by my voice. It was void of any emotion which was very unusual for children my age.

"Hey kiddo. What are you doing here?" The male from the counter asked. I looked around the place to see if I find any familiar faces. I found none.

"I got lost." I said with the same stoic face. The person on the reception seemed to not believe me since I didn't seem the tiniest bit scared. I was, I was very scared however I was taught no to show it, so I won't.

"Take this file to the other conference." I heard a familiar voice in the background.

"Who's taking care of the case though?" I heard someone ask.

"I'll take care of it later."
"Okay then." I heard a pair of footsteps coming my way. The footsteps stopped just behind me.

"Kari, what are you doing here?" I heard the same familiar voice in the background. I finally recognised the source of the voice. Soichiro.

" Mum got angry at me and told me to go for a walk but I got lost." I answered turning around.

"Oh. Did something happen?" He held out his hand for me to take. I took it and he started walking again.

"I was annoyed by someone and I took it out on mum so she got angry. I shouldn't have done that." I answered.

"As long as you know...Care for some icecream?" He asked. I nodded as a reply.

We went to eat some icecream. When halfway through Soichiro got a call.

"Yagami san. We need you to take care of this case as soon as possible." I overheard from his phone.

"Alright, I'll be back in 20." He replied and hung up.

" Kari I'll drop you off at your house now is that okay?" He asked me gently.

"Is it alright if I come with you?" I asked cutely. I might've been annoyed by this case but I do love solving them. They're all very interesting.

"But-" I cut him off by saying "Pweeseeeeee~"

"Alright." Children really were his weakness.

We went to the crime scene and looked around. This was an open and shut case.

"The murder was done from that building." I pointed to the building across the street.

"Bringing a child here was stupid. She doesn't know anything." One said. I had a bored expression on my face.

"I think so too. The murder obviously happened by mistake. They were probably fighting and while trying to take the gun from the murderer the trigger went off and hit the window. The victim tried to get away from the murderer, but that person fired more and when it missed it hit the wall and then to just end it and for the 3rd time they hit it right on the victim's side of the neck." Another said it like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Are you all idiots?" I deadpanned.

" Look at the crime scene properly. If the bullet hit the window from the inside then the shattered glass should've fell on the other side not this side so obviously it was fired from the other building since there's no other way. The murderer couldn't have been precise if it was from the bottom so of course it wasn't done from the bottom. If it was done from the top of the building it would've reciprocated from the bottom of the room. It had to have been done the same level for it to hit the wall when missed. The person was killed by the reciprocated bullet." I stated.

"No it can't be. Don't just but into things you don't know." The one from before spoke again. It seems this time he really annoyed Soichiro.

"Shut up and let her explain!" Soichiro yelled.

"Look at the wound of the victim. It's not so deep that it'd kill her instantly, she died of blood loss. If the bullet was fired from here..." I went to the place they thought the killer fired from.

"Then the bullet would've pierce through victims neck. Also if the killer's aim was so bad that they missed twice it's highly unlikely that they would've hit the neck's vital area. This murder was deliberate and was done by a professional." I explained. It seems they just understood and actually started looking at the scene. Soichiro came towards me and pat my head.

"God job Kari. You're amazing." He praised. I felt proud. I've got many praises as V but no one knew who I actually was so I never felt like it was for me. Except now I am filled with such joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash Back End~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that incident Soichiro actually seemed to respect me and was like a friend as well as a father. I'd go to places with him any time I could we would talk about cases and other stuff. It was our little secret. He actually knew my skills but still didn't think I was V. That was funny. Now he was in a hospital possibly because he was almost killed by his own son. If it was in fact Kira and Kira was Light. I'll be the one to end him.