53. SHEEP BABBLES

Misa get away from my husband...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 10 minutes Light was finished with writing the speech.

"Ryuzaki, Kari, is this alright?" I took the page from Light and read through it. It said...

'I am Kira. I am the real Kira. The Kira who was on Sakura TV a few days ago is not. I will show leniency to the imposter because I am assuming he did it out of an attempt to help me. But killing the innocent is against my beliefs. If the imposter truly sympathises with me and wants to help my cause... I ask that he refrain from killing aimlessly and accept my basic principles. If you ignore this warning and continue to be reckless I will not hesitate to end you...and you're free to kill L.' My eyes widened at the last sentence.

"I think I've portrayed Kira convincingly." Light said letting slight arrogance slip into his voice. L who was reading the paper from over me chose to comment in the situation.

"I think this is very good-" Why not cut him at that point.

"But if we don't emit the part where it says 'You're free to kill L.' He'll die without giving me all that he owes." I teased. Of course, I was a little annoyed at how Light just let the Kira in him slip. L would really be killed if this was the script that we used. Light did a fake laugh. I could tell.

"Well, when pretending to be Kira, I thought he would demand that "L" be killed. It's just a bit of a joke. You can change that to whatever you lilke." Well that joke would've killed him.

"Yes." L said and didn't talk for a while, possibly waiting for me to say something. I knew exactly what to say.

'Heh.'

"Well, but I believe that Kira would want to kill L himself. But oh well." L was watching this from the sidelines amused.

"No. I think Kira would want him dead no matter who it is that kills him." Light snapped. He just needed to win. L decided there wouldn't be any more drama so he proceeded with the work.

"Aihara-san the script is ready. I'll leave it to you." L said after crossing out just the last sentence.

No matter what we just knew Light was Kira we needed some evidence rather than my theories. A while later the news was on the TV and it went just as planned. That was good. The second Kira was probably so happy. Late into the night everyone left. L and I were left alone in the room. We were busy tracing the deaths trying to figure out anything interesting with any of them when I got a message from 'Baby sheep'. Near. It said...

                                                                           🐑💖 Baby sheep 💖🐑

🐑💖 Baby sheep 💖🐑
Hey V, I heard from Roger that your dad died.
Is that true?

                                                                                                                                                             ✌🏻Miss Theories✌🏻
                                                                                                                                                                               That's right.
                                                                                                                            I just heard that a few hours ago too.
🐑💖 Baby sheep 💖🐑
I'm sorry to hear that.
I know how close you were to him before...
You know.
At least he won't try to kidnap you again.

                                                                                                                                                             ✌🏻Miss Theories✌🏻
                                                                                                               Wait- what do you mean try to kidnap me ?
                                                                                                                                            He never tried to kidnap me.

🐑💖 Baby sheep 💖🐑
You don't know?
He's been trying to find you for a while.
I heard from Roger, that's why you were sent to Japan.

                                                                                                                                                             ✌🏻Miss Theories✌🏻
                                                                                                                                                                           I didn't know.
                                                                                                                                                Thanks for telling me Near.
                                                                                                                                                                 I'm busy right now
                                                                                                               but I'll probably see you after a few days or
                                                                                                                                              I don't know just in a while.

🐑💖 Baby sheep 💖🐑
Alright. Take care of yourself please.
                                                                                                                                                             ✌🏻Miss Theories✌🏻
                                                                                                                                                                                 I will. Bye.

I closed the messages and looked at L.

"L." I called out. I had decided to live up to my name. Miss theories. I was given that name for the way I worked. My whole way of working was by making theories and L would prove them right by using his resources. Sometimes or half the time L would make the theories and I'd prove them right. L and I were only different because my theories were more outrageous than his. I made theories wayyyyy before the evidences meant anything. I also had more risk of being wrong, good thing I've mostly been right so far.

"Hmm?" L turned around to look at me.

"What was the reason you sent us to Japan?" I asked L.

"You all were in danger." L answered as if it was the most normal thing ever.

"Who were we in danger from?' I questioned. L kept quiet. I got my answer. There was nothing L could've said that I wouldn't be able to prove wrong...other than the right answer of course.

"What are you thinking?" L asked me straightforwardly.

"Alright. The reason you sent Sara and James with Kai and I was because dad had tracked us down. Of course he did his brain is not one we should fight. No wonder you had to send us away to keep him away from us...The mission Sara and James died on was to protect us. I know that at one point you promised them protection and that's why they took on the job...but it seems they started to care for us enough that they never spoke a word of our whereabouts even when tortured. You know torture triggers the hallucination drug so you didn't let me see their body. Well also because you needed to keep the promise you made them of not telling me until you either got dad in prison or if I'm 18. If you had let me see their body I'd find out exactly what happened. What I'm wondering is...you had to have caught him about a year or less from when Sara and James died so why exactly did you still not contact me?" I asked. L knew this was once again a theory but just how long could he keep it that way. Either it's yet again a promise to someone or he's simply ashamed of the reason.

"So?" I asked. L sighed. It was a sign that he was ready to speak.

"After I got your dad in prison..."

'Oop that was awkward.'

"I called Kai. I asked him how you were holding up..." There was silence again, L looked away from me as if ashamed.

"He said what?" I asked when he didn't complete the sentence for a while.

"He said you were much happier than you had been in England and with us. I felt that I shouldn't disturb that peace and happiness so I didn't contact you." L completed, finally. But now I had my eyes twitching with anger, annoyance at the detective's idiocy. I was also somewhat touched by what he did. He thought I was happier there so he didn't want to disturb my happiness. I was hurt that after all that he still thought I could be happier without him. Over all it was complicated. I needed to get my point across. I got up from my seat and trudged to L.

"L." I called out. He didn't look at me.

"L Lawliet." I called out again. Once again ignored. Well I wasn't here to just talk I was here to get my point across. No matter what it took. I held face and turned it to me, slightly bending so he was looking at me. He had a guilty look on his face but all I saw was how cute he looked.

'Oh well.' I thought.

I smashed my lips on his, closing my eyes and fully engaging in the kiss. L stiffened at first but he quickly melted into the kiss. I tasted the cake he'd been eating just before. Sweet. I pulled apart to breathe. But as soon as I caught my breath. I kissed his forehead.

"I'm the most happy when with you." I said in the softest voice. It was cheesy but it was true and I'll help get it in his head. I didn't want to say this before since I was angry but now I just needed to say it.

"I love you...and I missed you too...A lot." I added the last bit. His eyes widened before growing soft.

"I love you too." L whispered and pulled me into a warm hug.

"I'd ask fro us to get in a relationship but gotta wait 'til your 18th birthday so I don't look like a pedophile." L added. I chuckled at the response.

"We don't know who's going to ask though. Since we still have no idea who's got more points. We gotta ask Watari." I laughed evilly.

"But I need to take care of someone before that."

'KAI! YOU'RE DEAD!'