36. THE TENNIS MATCH

"WHAT!?!??!?!" Light screamed.

"Nice introduction...but why so sure I've talked about you?" I asked L.
When I asked if he was dating anyone I expected him to just say he likes someone but he just came out and claimed he's dating me.

"Just a feeling." L said.

"Jace told you didn't he?" I stated rather than asked. L just smirked. Light was in a trance for a while...but when he snapped out of it he looked hurt, really hurt. I felt guilt wash over me.

"Light..." I trailed.

"Huh?-oh. We'll talk about this later." He said.

"Couldn't you have revealed it a little...nicely?" I asked looking at L. The crowd was bewildered at our conversation but gave up all curiosity thinking we're too smart fo them to understand.

"Oh. Let's continue the game." L asked. I approached Light.

"Light..." I trailed, it pained me seeing him avoid eye contact.

"Will you let me explain if I beat you in tennis?" I asked innocently. Light looked back at me.

"Sure." He answered, he knew acting like nothing happened wasn't normal. I smiled at him and went back to where I was before all the pettiness I have exploded.

'Hopefully that girl from before doesn't dare claim L again.' I frowned.
I was so stuck in my thoughts I never realised when L lost and came sat next to me.

"Good luck Light." L shouted out to Light as I just chuckled.

"Huh?" Light was confused as to why he was the only one to receive a good luck. I got up and picked up my racket.

"Ready?" I asked Light. I dribbled the ball until I was absolutely ready. I wanted to tease him a little but I didn't want to do it when my best friend was on the line.

"Yes." Light answered.

I threw the ball in the air and hit it in perfect sync making it land harshly on Light's side unlike with L he wasn't going to be taken with surprise. Light hit it back with equal force. I hit it with a little less force so it would go unexpected by Light and I'd get a point. Again Light was able to see through my intentions and did a great job of returning it. I missed it. Light seemed happy but much to his dismay I was just getting started and testing my opponent. I smirked. Now the game got truly real.

"15 Love!" Light shouted out to me.

"Right got it~" I cooed. I'm sure Light was confused about why I didn't seem even the slightest bit scared. I looked back at L who was smirking and the crowd. Most people in the crowd stayed to see what'd happen. Most were boys and many others were still coming in to watch the match. It was just getting interesting.

"Let's go, common." I encouraged smiling. Tennis made me happy in general but playing it with my competitive best friend is just great.

He dribbled the ball and connected with it after throwing it in the air. If I'm being honest. THIS GUY IS AMAZING!!!!! But...I haven't been learning it since I was 5 for nothing. I swung at the ball, connecting with it with the utmost force. Most likely the strongest I've ever hit in my life. He ran for it but missed it by just a little bit.

"15 Love~" I cheered blowing him a little kiss. I wasn't the flirty type but when playing tennis I'll be like a drunken person. Light blushed bright red and so did L just not because he was flustered but darn jealousy. The men in the crowd also turned red either flustered or jealousy.

"Let's keep going." I winked.
The game continued on for quite a while before I won. Light was visibly surprised at my tactic. I had made a serve that I knew he'd return with a hard smash, hard enough that it'd be out of bounds.

"And now I get to explain!" I exclaimed laughing. I realised just how much L and tennis could affect me. Even I wasn't aware of this.

"Let's go get something to eat then?"Light asked as the crowd were utterly speechless even now that it's been 2 mins since I won. L got up and we left as the crowd dispersed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't have to read this. This is just for fun and also my first fanfic not this one and...just not published. (The main character isekaied so she knows every thing and loves L dearly. She was mad at L and made a bet with  him that if she beats Light she can leave L.) I like this bit since it's the MC toying with Light.😜😜😜 Then again you don't have to read this. I wanted to show this but I don't like using publishing another chapter just for this, it feels like cheating the readers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We confirmed our bet in front of every one but didn't involve state the deals. I put my bag down and went into the court.
Light- Do you know who I am?
Mayu- the former junior high champ.
Light- so you know. Why did you choose to compete against me?
Mayu- I guess I really do want to work with L. But how unfortunate that my pride won't let me lose.
Light- you're pretty confident aren't you?
Mayu- not as much as you. You even have the confidence of killing someone right in front of the police headquarters.
Light- what!?
Mayu- Just kidding, did you think I was serious.
I glanced at his blank face, smiling.
Mayu- oh I couldn't have been serious since you've never killed anyone before...right. Or have you?
I glanced at him again. His expression clearly said "she's toying with me"
Mayu- alright why don't we start then.
The game started.
The first point I was just toying with him and let him have his first.
I did the same for the second as well.
Before the third time started L finally spoke.
L- Can you stop toying with him. You're actually giving him such high hopes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~