33. I'LL CHANGE YOUR MIND

Guess what people it's my birthday today...AND the day L died...😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Light's POV

"Ready?" I asked remembering how her parents body was actually not in the grave. She always had to prepare herself.

After a few minutes she answered."I'm ready...I'll go."

She left after that.

It was right after she left that I went down and wrote criminals names. I was so immersed in writing the name, I never realised when Ryuk followed Kari and came back.

"She really cares for you, you know?" He asked. I was a bit confused as to who he was talking about.

"Who?" I asked.

"Your little human friend...I mean." He answered.

'Why's he bringing her up right now? He always follows her around too.' I thought, finding his behaviour odd- well more odd than other times.

"I know that." I answered blandly.

"Well she might like you as more than just friends." He said while chuckling. I got quite flustered when he said that and started imagining life together with her. I snapped back to reality in moments. I remembered just how much she talked about the guy named Ryuzaki and how immersed she would be while talking about talking about him. At the mention of his name she even blushed sometimes. I had no chance with her and I knew it. Doesn't mean if she wanted to come to me any time in the future I wouldn't let her though. A place was always open for her in my life. But not forcefully. I would never. Kira might but not me.

I sighed. "She doesn't like me. Not as more than a friend at least."

I had a bitter smile on my lips.

"Aww don't say it like that even I feel bad for you." Ryuk said.

"Whatever." I scoffed his statement off.

I went to the online forum which talked about Kira and read through it. Such good things were written there but there were some that didn't like my ideologies. That made me wonder,
'Is that what Kari thinks too? Does she think what I'm doing is wrong? If she doesn't I might even tell her the truth-No if I tell her the truth and L is onto me he'll immediately think she's with me and knowing his old stunts, he will go to any length to get the truth out of her. It's best if I keep her out of it.' I didn't realise I had a scowl on my face.

"Oh your friend is here." Ryuk informed me.

"So are we going to the cafe now?" She asked unbeknownst to her there was a huge creature hanging around right next to her.

I looked up from my phone and nodded.

"What's up? You look so much more annoyed." She asked. She looked adorable at the head tilt she did without realising. She had a small worried look on her face. I love it when she shows emotions and expressions. I never found out just why she started showing emotions again. Why she stopped was unknown to me too.