60. KILL OR NOT TO KILL

Light's POV

It was the day the second Kira sent the Diary.

"I'm home." I announced. Mum walked out, wiping her hand on her apron.

"Light, you're late today." She said.

"Yeah." I said and thought of something believable to say.

'I'm supposed to keep the fact that I'm helping with the investigation a secret.'

"Yeah, I have a girlfriend now..." I said. I wasn't exactly happy saying that. After all I didn't have a girlfriend and the person I hoped would want to be my girlfriend wasn't willing. Sayu heard this and ran out super excited, with potato chips in her hand.

"Oh my." Mum looked shocked.

"WHAT?! LIGHT HAS A GIRLFRIEND??? WOWWW! IS IT KARI????" She asked with glee. I shook my head in disappointment. Mum didn't see my disappointment but Sayu did. Sayu knew more about me than mum.

"Oi, oi, I'm an 18 year old college student... of course I have one." I said. Sayu didn't look pleased. She knew I wasn't the slightest bit happy about this relationship, it doesn't exist but she doesn't need to know that, she chose not to voice her distaste about me using someone as a possible rebound for Kari.

I needed to change her mood so I said...

"Good luck to you too, Sayu." She blushed and replied.

"Huh? I-I don't need anything like that yet..." She said.

"Light, what about dinner?" Mum asked me as I went up stairs.

"I got room service at the hotel." I said.

'Shit I messed up.'

"DID YOU JUST SAY HOTEL? WHAT WAS THAT? WHAT WAS THAT SO SCANDALOUS."

Sayu asked in an excitement laced voice getting wrong ideas, except I could detect a little annoyance in her voice.

'God this girl likes Kari more than me.' I got to my room and locked the door. I turned to Ryuk to get information I swear he actually looked scared. I asked if he could be seen by other shinigami's on Earth and talk to them. He answered as they can see him and also said...

"If I'm attached to a human, I think it's against the rules unless I have the permission of the person I'm attached to. We don't have a code against that so other shinigami might start talking to me." So I actually had control over Ryuk...Doesn't that mean the fake Kira's Shinigami might be able to recognise me through Ryuk?

"So does that mean if Fake Kira's shinigami sees you, there's a chance he'll tell the fake Kira I'm Kira?" I asked with curiosity as well as to prepare precautions later.

"That's usually not done but it depends on their personality."Ryuk answered. I was sat down in front of my computer trying to find something or anything that the second Kira might have hinted on.

'I'm guessing Ryuk will stay neutral and let the second Kira guess as well as let me guess who the second Kira is. I don't know if I should get annoyed or be happy.'

"So, I can just assume that you'll act how you usually do, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, even if I see someone with a Shinigami, I won't tell you. I might tell your dear human friend though. I feel it'd be more interesting." I rolled my eyes at his tease and asked more questions.

"Well, I agree with your stance."

'Well, for the times you're helpful to me at least.'

"Thanks." He said.